Thursday, February 7, 2019

Review "Miss Mechanic by Emma Hart"

Two mechanics. One rivalry.
She’ll prove she’s as good as she says she is.
He’ll prove her place isn’t under the hood.
It’s over it.


“Don’t let the bastards get you down.”
For twenty-six years, I lived by my daddy’s motto. Which is why “Mechanic Wanted” is all it takes for me to apply for the job at the garage we once owned. 
And I meet the biggest bastard of them all.
Dexter Ryne. Hotter than Hell in July and a firm believer that my place is on reception, taking phone calls and looking pretty. Not getting dirty under the hood of a car. 
Determined to prove each other wrong, we make a deal.
I have three weeks to prove my worth as a mechanic. If I don’t, I’m on telephone duty.
If I do, he’ll accept defeat and make my job permanent. 
Now, all I have to do is fight my attraction to the cocky little… beep.
Problem is, an engine isn’t the only thing he knows how to make purr…


Title: Miss Mechanic
Author: Emma Hart
Publisher: Unknown
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 208
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Comedy

Date Read: 24-01-2019 - 25-01-2019

Favorite Quote: "You're always on my nerves, Dex. you're practically a medical condition at this point."

Review:
I really enjoyed this book. It's right in Emma Hart's ally. There's a ton of banter and sass in this book. It has a strong female and equally strong, hot, male. 
Somethings in this book where a bit over the top, like Dexters family. I wouldn't like it if my family does what they do to Dexter but that's me.
At som point the constant fighting became a bit to much but luckily it changed a bit after that. There was still fighting and banter but it became more than that. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Jamie and Dexter (or Dex), both of them are mechanics. Dex owns the auto shop that used to belong to Jamie's dad and where she used to work. Jamie is in need of a job and after some hesitation she decides to apply for the mechanic job at her fathers old shop. What she didn't realize is that she would come to hate the new owner. She negotiated her way into the job and now has to prove herself. She would do anything to prove the misogynistic ass that woman can be great mechanics to. 
She didn't expect it to be so hard to not want him, to keep hating him. And while he believes that she is a good mechanic, he doens't want someone in his shop that challenges his every word, his every action with banter and sarcasm. He also doesn't want someone working for him that he wants as badly as he does Jamie. 
Will Jamie be able to prove her worth and keep a job or will she walk away at the end of her deadline and lose it all. 

What did I like about this book:
I liked the banter between the characters, but like I mentioned above it became a bit much at some point. 
I really liked that Jamie and Dex have great chemistry, they can deny it all they want but it's there and they'd cave sooner or later. 
I liked that Jamie held her own in a male dominated work field. It shows how strong and resilient she is. 

Overall it's a great, funny read. 

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment