Monday, March 18, 2019

Review "Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley"

Night time is the right time...

Gwendolyn Kidd has met the man of her dreams. He's hot, he's sexy, and what started as a no-names-exchanged night of passion has blossomed into a year and a half-long pleasure fest. Sure, it's a little strange that he only appears in her bed at night, but Gwen is so sure he's the one, she just can't turn him away...

Hawk Delgado knows more about Gwen than she could ever imagine. She's gorgeous, headstrong, and skittish about relationships. But Hawk is facing his own demons, demons that keep him from connecting with anyone. Yet when Gwen is drawn into Denver's lethal underground scene, Hawk's protective nature comes out full force. The problem is, when Gwen gets a dose of Hawk's Alpha attitude in the daylight, she's not so sure he's the one anymore....
 



Title: Mystery Man (Dream Man #1)
Author: Kristen Ashley
Publisher: Forever
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 512
Genre: Adult, Romance

Date Read: 1st: 01-01-2016 2nd: 16-03-2019- 17-03-2019

Favorite Quote: “You live in your head too much, you curl up and shut shit out and spend so much time doing it, you forget to live your life. You can’t live your life in your head. That isn’t living.”

Review:
I remember liking this book, the first time I read it. I reread my previous review and I can't believe how much my thoughts have changed. 

What is this book about:
This book is about 33 year old Gwendolyn. She met this guy a year and a half ago, since then that guys comes into her house regularly at night, and they have crazy monkey sex. She doesn't know his name or anything about him. She never even saw him in daylight, that was until now. 
When her crazy sisters, crazy friends comes at her door and yells at her, Gwen goes to the last guy she knew who dated her sister, a biker guy. That put her on the radar of several bickers, something that her mystery man doesn't like. So the first time she 'meets' her mystery man is when he comes and tells her that she is his, and that he doens't like that she went to the bikers. 
Cabe "hawk" delgado, aka mystery man, knows he missed out the last year and a half and he isn't willing to let her go. 

What did I like about this book
Well the first time I read this book I liked the chemistry between Gwen and Hawk. I remember liking him. I do remember that I thought he went a bit far and that I didn't think I'd be able to put up with it. I don't recall disliking it as much as I do now. 

I'm all for a hot alpha man, but Hawk takes it to far. A relationship is suppose to be a partnership, not a ownership. His way or no way. He pushes until Gwen caves and gives him what he wants. 
There are several things that really ticked me off. 
1. It's very much illegal to have someone followed without probable cause, a court order or consent. You do not acces their bank reccords, their personal records, their family's records etc. It's a violation of their privacy and their is no cause for it. 
2. You do not install security camera's around someone property without their consent, court order or probable cause.
3. You do not bug their car or phone without consent, court order, or probable cause.
4. I hated that he imposed on her privacy as much as he did. He had no right to go to her parents or friends when she told him not to. 
5. I hated that he showed no respect for her wishes what so ever. He just waited till she caved and pushed until she caved. And when called out on it, he blames her for pushing him away. 
6. You do not kidnap your 'loved' because she is somewhere you don't want her to be and keep her at your house till she caved and agree's 
7. You do not decide that someone needs protecting and take it upon yourself to be that protector and marking your territory. 
8. You do not blame that person for not giving themselves to you when you haven't showed any respect for their wishes and wants. 
9. YOU DO NOT GET TO DECIDE THAT YOUR TRAUMA IS WORSE THAN SOMEONE ELSES AND YOU DO NOT USE YOUR TRAUMA TO EMOTIONALLY BLACKMAIL SOMEONE INTO FEELING BAD AND TAKING YOU BACK!!!!
10. When someone ask you to leave, leave. When someone tries fighting you off when you try to have sex with them, stop. Don't keep going until she caves and agree's. 
11. Don't place camera's in someones house without consent. 
12. During sex you don't 'allow' someone to ride you within a time frame until they run out of time. This wouldn't have bugged me if they didn't use the word 'allowed' and if he didn't tick me off so much before. 

His mother going to gwens house after he pushed her away, threw her away, and blame her for it. She had no right. If she wanted to harass someone about is, go harass your own son. 
I didn't like how her friends handled the situation. 

And Gwen stop saying UHM!! my god that got annoying. For a 33 year old she often really acted like a child. And grow some balls will you. She was such a pushover. Stick to your guns. But ofcourse he put the blame on her and she believed it. She continues to go back to him and blames herself. 
I didn't like that she went from one guy to the next when she and hawk had issues (she doesn't cheat or do anything with them but she does let them almost control her). 

I get why Hawk felt like Gwen needed protecting because she does. I get why he did certain things but dude, boundaries. If someone says no, accept it and believe them. 
If he didn't cross so many lines from the start other things wouldn't have ticked me off a much I think. 
Allot of things would have been different if they sat down and talked about things. Had a conversation. 

I liked the concept, I like an alpha male as much as the next one but this is to much. He needed to dial it down, and she needed a spine and stand up for herself to even it out. A relationship should be a two way street, not push and almost force their views on someone else. 

Great concept, wished the execution was different.

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment