Monday, March 25, 2019

Review: Whiskey Lullaby by Stevie J. Cole"

We all have guilty pleasures.

Mine was the boy my father took in. The guy everyone said I was too good for. The one I knew would ruin me. 

But I couldn't help it. The way Noah Greyson's voice sounded when he sang whiskey lullabies to me in the dark; how perfect his arms felt wrapped around my stomach, his nose nuzzled in my hair- that's what made me fall. That intimacy was what made me so very weak. But now millions of women drift off to sleep while Noah sings the love story we wrote, and it was never meant for the world. 

The worst mistake I made wasn’t loving him, it was thinking he loved me, too.

At least, that’s what I thought until now…


Title: Whiskey Lullaby
Author Stevie J. Cole
Publisher: Stevie J. Cole
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 302
Genre: Contemporary, Romance

Date Read: 17-03-2019 - 18-03-2019

Favorite Quote: “As much as we want to pretend we’re in control of our lives, we aren’t. Control is a pretty façade we dance behind to make it through each day, because when you really accept that you aren’t in charge of your own fate, it makes you feel trapped.”

Review:
This was a cute story. I was a bit confused on the time line but that was my own fault, I missed the dates at the top of the chapter header.
I was expecting the story to go a bit differently than it did but it was still good.
I do got the feeling that the characters where younger than they actually where. Each time Hannah was talking about her job it was a reminder that she was 20 and not 15.
I do wish that Noah had to grovel a bit more before getting her back. It was over rather quickly. And Hannah dropped everything quite fast, but that could be just me.

Overall it was a cute story and a nice read.

Rating:
3 I enjoyed it stars
 

No comments:

Post a Comment