Monday, March 18, 2019

Review "Under Fire by Scarlett Cole"


HE CAN TAKE THE HEAT.

Hot, hard-bodied Sixten Rapp is a former SEAL who’s raring to begin his brand-new civilian life. He and his Navy “brothers” start a security firm that offers the kind of services only a team of military-trained professionals can provide. But nothing prepared Six for his new client: an innocent woman on a mission to improve thousands of lives. . . unless someone takes hers first.

CAN SHE HANDLE THE FLAMES?

Dr. Louisa North knows time is against her as she tries to create a “miracle” medical treatment for a disease with no known cure, until she creates a sample so powerful that the wrong people want to use it as a chemical weapon. At first, Six is unwilling to accept Louisa as his client. But soon he realizes that the danger is real and that there’s much more to this plain-Jane scientist…including a burning passion between them that neither of them can resist. And now that an enemy is on Louisa’s trail, Six will do whatever it takes to protect her—or die trying.


Title: Under Fire (Love Over Duty #1)
Author: Scarlett Cole
Publisher: St. Martins Paperbacks
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 319
Genre: Military, Suspense, Romance, Contemporary

Date Read: 11-03-2019 - 15-03-2019

Favorite Quote: “I don’t know where I am going to end up when this is all over, but I hope it’s with you.”

Review:
I was looking forward to reading this book. I've been really into military books lately.
After I read Fractured Heart by the same author I dived straight into this one.

I could really connect to Louisa, I have social anxiety as well. Maybe not as severe as she does but I could relate to her, relate to what she was thinking and feeling.
I liked Six, he is a good guy. 

I do feel like the mystery part could be better. There was allot of build up but the end was wrapped up rather quickly.

Overall I enjoyed reading this book

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment