Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Elect by Rachel van Dyken

Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)Would you die for the one you love?
Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him. 

Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will. 
In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . . 


Review
Instead of telling to much, I'm going to try and show my emotions during this book with gifs/pictures.



\












and just in one Gif

So my emotions may not exactly in this order but this sums it up just fine. 
I really loathed Chase sometimes. I would like to smack him in the head and say what the hell do you thing your doing. Not today little man, not today. Not on my watch. Don't you dare get between my fav. couple. Don't be so desperate or blind. You knows she loves you but not as much as she loves Nixon. Find someone who loves you, for you and loves you with her entire heart. Your better than this danmit. 

I really missed Tracey's point of view. I enjoyed seeing Nixon point of view and in the beginning I also enjoyed Chase point of view. But he got on my nerves sometimes. Don't get me wrong I do like him but still.

God I hate Nixon sometimes. Why do you always do that. You're so danm selfless. Why do  you do that to me. Or more important why do you keep doing that to Tracey. I get it, I really do but still why.

Even tracey managed to annoy me from time to time. I understood, we the readers knew more that she did so that made me scream no, don't do that, don't believe him, please don't, stop listening to Chace or Nixon. Just don't, listen to me, stop it. 
It was really frustrating sometimes. I was just so danm excited. I just couldn't sit still.  I got so much energy reading this book. 

Well I can blabber for ages about this but let me tell you what this book is all about. 
There were some major secrets in the first one, and they kept it up in the second one. Nixon and Tracey really try to make there relationship work but Nixon would rather die or sacrifice his own heart and life for tracey if that means she would be happy and safe. Well his actions may kept her safe but they didn't make her to happy. The idiot can be so smart and so stupid. He just didn't see it. Selfless is really the word for Nixon. 
And Chase, Chase just saw his opportunity and took it I guess. I mean I get that you love her but what about your best friend. I thought you knew him better than that. But on the other hand we knew what nixon was thinking. The others couldn't read his mind, so that made it a bit more difficult. 
There are some major problems in the Mob world that Tracey and Nixon live in. I really admire Nixon skill. He would be an amazing business man. He is a good leader. 
In this book they basically try to find out who killed Tracey's parents and everyone is trying to safe his own asses. There is a major complot going on and Nixon will stop at nothing to get to the bottom of it. 

I really want to explain everything that went on in this book but that would be spoiling. And I don't think I understood all of it because I was in such a hurry to find out if this book had a happy ending. 

I liked the set up for the next book but I would have like more Nixon and Tracey (happy ) moments at the ending. I think, since it was their last book, they deserved a bit more in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment