Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Elite by Rachel van Dyken

Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)For Tracey Rooks, life with her grandparents on a Wyoming farm has always been simple. But after her grandmother's death, Tracey is all her grandfather has. So when Eagle Elite University announces its annual scholarship lottery, Tracey jumps at the opportunity to secure their future and enters. She isn't expecting much-but then she wins. And life as she knows it will never be same . . .

The students at Eagle Elite are unlike any she's ever met . . . and they refuse to make things easy for her. There's Nixon, gorgeous, irresistible, and leader of a group that everyone fears: The Elect. Their rules are simple. 1. Do not touch The Elect. 2. Do not look at The Elect. 3. Do not speak to The Elect. No matter how hard she tries to stay away, The Elect are always around her and it isn't long until she finds out the reason why they keep their friends close and their enemies even closer. She just didn't realize she was the enemy -- until it was too late.


Review
This was such an exciting book. There was so much going on, without it being to much. There was allot of drama, action, thriller, love, excitement, heartbreak, moodswings, alpha male action, mystery. It was just amazing. I really really loved it. I just couldn't stop reading it. I read this and elect ( the second book) in one sitting. I just had to know. 
I felt allot of emotion reading this book. 

So what is this book all about
where do I begin. Really I just don't know where to begin. There is so much to tell about this story, but I can't say to much without spoiling allot

 I will give this a try without spoiling to much. So our alpha female Tracey brooks wins the school lottery. She got a scholarship at the best school Eagle Elite. This is an amazing opportunity for her. Tracey grew up with her grandparents on a farm. Her parents died 12 years ago, when she was 6.  Her grandmother got Tracey to sign up for a chance of getting a scholarship at Eagle Elite. 
Let me tell you about eagle elite.  This isn't an ordinary school, No it's far, far from it. There is an elite group of people in the school, that basically rule it. And they have to power to make your life a living hell. And that's what happened for poor Tracey.  What doesn't make things better for Tracey that the main Elite, the student body president, the ruler of the school basically is smoking hot. He has dark hair, bright eyes, sexy hot body, a lip ring, tattoos, and an attitude that is just major and to bad he can be a real jackass. He has been a bit cruel to Tracey but that didn't stop her from fighting back. Nixon ( that's his name) isn't used to people telling him no or going against him.  Nixon and his friends, Chase, Tex and phoenix are the top elite guys at the school. Nixon sister Monroe is also part of the elite but she is quite different from the other elite. She is Tracey's first friend and she really helps her out.  Chase has also seemed to take a liking to her. She is after all different from most of the girls at the school. 
Tracey seems like a tough cookie, she isn't afraid to flip Nixon of but she is a bit fragile to. I find her very strong considering the stuff she has been put threw by Nixon and his buddies. 

This is how I felt most of the time while reading this book 

What did I love about this book. 
I love the thrill, the action and the mystery. Oh and for the life of me I love it when the Alpha male is all macho and mean to the female character. They always like the female if they know it or not. It's not cool when that happens to you, but I love reading about it. They make the best romances.
One thing I really love about Nixon is his sense of responsibility and his loyalty. 

I did like chase but he got a bit in the way for me. I'm team Nixon/Tracey all the way and I can see him spoiling that. But other than that I really liked him. He is a funny caring guy. 
I also really liked Monroe. She was an amazing female character. She is a good friend and I really like her.
I also liked Tex, he wasn't in the book allot but he seemed like a cool guy to me. 


Lately I've been reading allot of romance and love story's. So I really enjoyed the change of scenery.  
I really really want to tell so much more about this book, but it will spoil enough. I'm really glad I found out about this writer and I can kick myself in the head that I haven't read about it earlier.
5 amazing star read.

No comments:

Post a Comment