Sunday, June 8, 2014

Little conversations by Sibylla Matilde

Little ConversationsEighteen-year-old Devin McKay is a complete and total emotional wreck. Fresh out of high school and on her own for the first time in her life, she’s reeling from rejection of a relationship gone very, very bad. Emotionally battered and tormented by the pull of her narcissistic first love, she wants to make a clean break in a small mountain town where he is everywhere... with his new girlfriend. 

Ronin Andrews is still battling his own cataclysmic ghosts. He recoils from anything heartfelt, choosing instead to work hard and live wild. Outside of his job, parties and causal hooks-ups are his life until Devin walks in. With her short skirt and her sad green eyes, he can’t help but want her… badly. His protective streak wants to provide her with a haven, to shelter and sustain her. 

Through a flash of torrid intensity, they struggle to be friends... just friends. She relies on him to nourish her shattered soul and shield her heart from the clawing, gnawing loss that has consumed her. Before long, the attraction proves too tenacious, and the passion between them becomes undeniable. But will the shadows of the past prove too much to overcome?


Review
You could really tell that Devin was just eighteen years old. I don't have anything against eighteen year old but devin was really immature and whinny. And she was so brainwashed and had such a low self-esteem.  Normally that's something that I could have a connection with maybe but not this time. I really didn't like her, like at all. And the just friends thing she pulled with Ronin I could kind off understand but on the other hand totally now. I mean Jake treats her like a piece of shit and only goes to her when he sees fit. And the shit he keeps telling her makes me feel mad. But what gets me furious is that she just drops everything, including her selfworth, for jake. 
Ronin, ronin was like a saint to me. You could tell he was older than Devin and handles things very differently. He was very patient and kind. I did like him. To bad Devin kind of ruined it all for me. 

What is this story about 
Well this story is about eighteen year old devin that lives somewhere. I forgot were. The story was kind of phage. I didn't get what was going on most of the time. Maybe I didn't pay enough attention. 
But Devin has a boyfriend called Jake that treats her like shit. She knows he is cheating on her but she just things if she loves him enough he'll choose her and come back. And he does come back to her, but then he also goes back to his other girlfriend. He told her he love melanie ( the other girlfriend ) too and she just accepts it.  She just takes him back every time. He is controlling, manipulating as hell. He tells her she's lucky that he loves her and that nobody else ever will, he tells her who she can and can't hang out with and when his friends are nice to her, he tell her that they only do it because the want to have sex with her because why else would they be nice to her. I was like omg your such a shitty friend. Maybe your friends are kind to her because she's your girlfriend and they respect that. 
Well Devin and Jake finally break up and Devin convinced herself that she is trying to move on. But in reality she isn't . 
She meets Ronin and they hit if off right from the start. I don't really know why. And I don't know what he sees in her. He just kept saying he wants her and needs to protect her and stuff. 
The reality is that, for 90% of the book, that Devin will drop everything for Jake. 
In the end Devin pulls her head out of her ass and wipe the shit out of her eyes and finally sees what a jackass jake  is. 

What did I like
Well there wasn't much I liked. The story was odd. The writing style was oke, the Idea was oke but I just didn't have a connection with the story. It just didn't suck me in and made me love the characters. I just felt pity for them and eventually I didn't even feel that anymore. I just didn't care much
I do like ronin, he was just a very good guy with an amazing good heart. 
Oh and I really like the cover. Who doesn't like a half naked guy with only a towel ;p

Even tho the story wasn't what I was looking for don't make that stop you from reading it. You might like it
I give this book 2 starts. I hate giving low ratings but I just can't give more.

No comments:

Post a Comment