Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Twisted together by Pepper Winters

Twisted Together (Monsters in the Dark, #3)“After battling through hell, I brought my esclave back from the brink of ruin. I sacrificed everything—my heart, my mind, my very desires to bring her back to life. And for a while, I thought it broke me, that I’d never be the same. But slowly the beast is growing bolder, and it’s finally time to show Tess how beautiful the dark can be.” 

Q gave everything to bring Tess back. In return, he expects nothing less. Tess may have leashed and tamed him, but he’s still a monster inside. 

After surviving the darkness, a new dawn has begun. Twisted Together wades through black to grey, chasing the light of true love to banish the shadows forever. 

Pain is a requirement, connection a necessity. But ultimately Q and Tess must face their demons, before they can embrace their future.


Review
Love love love the cover. It's very sexy. I couldn't wait till read this book. It is an amazing emotional roller coaster ride. It's a very good ending for this amazing series. 
At some point I even felt sick to my stomach because I was shocked, nervous and there was so much anticipation. It was killing me. 
I needed to put this book away some times because my brain needed time to wrap itself around the events that happened. 
It has been a while since I read a book with this type of sexual inercourse in it so I needed to get use to it. 
There were some things in this book where I was like, omg really, and why why would you do that, or I would just stare, nut sure what to say. 


One event in this book didn't really needed to happen I think. I wouldn't like it happening to me. I can understand why it happened but still I wouldn't want it to happen to me. But jeah i'm not that into the kinky stuff Tess and Q are in. 

What is this story about ( I'll try to not spoil anything. But you will be warned before hand) 
Well this book takes off when the second one ended. Tess is rescued from Brazil by Q. But it's far, far from over. Tess really struggles with fear for pain and with terrible nightmares ( they sounded more like night terrors to me but still) And Q doesn't really know how to deal with it. 
There is so much going on and happening in this final book that is't hard for me to write it all down, while not turning this review into a full blown essay.
Well first of all Q does everything in his power to safe Tess from her demons. This does mean that he comes very close to losing his control on the demons off his own.  Q does succeed in helping Tess heal and move on. 
I think it's very realistic that Tess is struggling with the problems that she does. Just because she was saved doesn't mean it was over for Tess. 
After Tess started to really move forward and heal a bit. I thought the book would be over.  I was wrong. So, so wrong. Of course it wasn't over. Tess being tortured by her past and actions wasn't enough. Q has to suffer as well. 
Some of the human trafic lords, people is pissed at Q and want revenge. Poor Q does threw an incredibly amount of torture. It was really horrible. And Pepper cut the chapter off before you could find out if he would pull threw. It was horrible
I was like
. The chapters off his torture and the anticipation after was what made me almost sick to my stomach. I was reading like a possessed women. I needed to find out what was going to happen. 
Pepper didn't let me down. There is so much that I could say about what happened but that would spoil things. 

What did I love
Well of course I love Q and Tess. There amazing, and very strong people. They had awful things happen to them but in the end they came out stronger.  
I love that there were things in this story that seemed very realistic. The emotions were very real. And human traffic and sex slaves and stuff like that does happen in real life and that's terrible. I find it amazing that Pepper could include romance, lust, love, happiness and joy into a story with such a hard and difficult topic without losing the seriousness of that topic. 
I'm very happy with the ending of this book. It does this series justice.

Q:


 Tess: 



No comments:

Post a Comment