Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Review "The air he breathes by Britainy C. Cherry"

I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.


Review
I have been meaning to read this book for a while. I was intrigued by the summary but there was something keeping me from reading this book. Every time I saw a teaser or somebody falling in love with this book I came close to reading it but there was always something that held me back. I kept forgetting why. Well I started reading this book and I immediately remember why I kept putting it away. I'm a big fan of characters already having a child. Don't get me wrong i have nothing against it's not something I'm that drawn to. But I gave this book a chance and boy did it prove me wrong. I loved it!  This story was so good and well written. I'm happy I've read it and that i'm going to meet this author in June! 

What is this book about
Elizabeth knows first hand what is can do to a person to lose someone they love. First she'd seen what became of her mother when her father died and then she lost her husband. Not knowing how to deal with the pain she took her 5 year old daughter back to her mothers house. After a year of mourning she decided it was time to go back home. It's hard to be around her friends and to live in the house she and her late husband bought but it's good to. 
While driving back she home she accidentally hits a dog. After taking the dog and his angry owner to the vet, fixing the dog , the stranger didn't even say thank you. As sit turns out the mystery man is her neighbor Tristan. Tristan doesn't have a very good reputation. People say that he is cruel, crazy, unstable and just an major ass. While being an ass is true the others not so much. You see Tristan has been trough a tragedy himself. After losing his wife and son Tristan just stopped living. 
Can Elizabeth and Tristan help each other, can they learn how to breath and maybe love again? 

What did I like about this book.
This book is written so well. I just really loved it. The characters where amazing. The main as the side characters really made the story great. 
This story is all about loss, mourning , moving on and allowing yourself to live and love again. 
I also like that it wasn't insta love. Ofcourse there was attraction but not love. They didn't really like each other at the beginning. Well that was what they were telling themselves. The truth is they where just scared to let go of the past. 
I couldn't put this book down, it took me 6 hours (give or take) and I don't regret one bit of it. My skin might have pruned up in the bathtub and I've forgotten to eat but it was so worth it! I'm sure I'll read more of Brittany ! I really hope there will be a story about Fey (Elizabeth's best friend). That girl was crazy and I just loved her!

No comments:

Post a Comment