Monday, April 4, 2016

Review "Corrupt by Penelope Douglas"

Erika 

I was told that dreams were our heart’s desires. My nightmares, however, became my obsession. 


His name is Michael Crist. 

My boyfriend’s older brother is like that scary movie that you peek through your hand to watch. He is handsome, strong, and completely terrifying. The star of his college’s basketball team and now gone pro, he’s more concerned with the dirt on his shoe than me. 

But I noticed him.

I saw him. I heard him. The things that he did, and the deeds that he hid…For years, I bit my nails, unable to look away. 

Now, I’ve graduated high school and moved on to college, but I haven’t stopped watching Michael. He’s bad, and the dirt I’ve seen isn’t content to stay in my head anymore. 

Because he’s finally noticed me. 

Michael

Her name is Erika Fane, but everyone calls her Rika.

My brother’s girlfriend grew up hanging around my house and is always at our dinner table. She looks down when I enter a room and stills when I am close. I can always feel the fear rolling off of her, and while I haven’t had her body, I know that I have her mind. That’s all I really want anyway. 

Until my brother leaves for the military, and I find Rika alone at college. 

In my city. 

Unprotected. 

The opportunity is too good to be true as well as the timing. Because you see, three years ago she put a few of my high school friends in prison, and now they’re out. 

We’ve waited. We’ve been patient. And now every last one of her nightmares will come true. 


Review
Why didn't I read this book sooner! I was intrigued by the teasers Penelope was posting when she was still writing the book. I've been meaning to read this book but I just didn't get to it until now. Omg what a ride it was. 

What is this book about 
This book is about Erika or rika as everyone call's her is a 19 or 20 year old college girl. Rika is the heir of a fortune. Rika is close with her fathers old business partner's family. Since her father died he is the keeper of her families fortune. Her mother stept off the wagon since her father died. Her mom is depressed and it wouldn't come as a shock to anyone if she over dosed on some sort of medication some day. So he fathers friends family is now more like her own family. Due to allot of pushing she even began a relationship with the youngest son trevor but he's not the brother that she wants to notice her. No that would be the oldest brother Micheal. But micheal treats his boots better than he does her. Micheal is basically untouchable. He was the high schools  basketbal star, now gone pro, and he was a member of the "Horsemen". The horsemen were four guys who, because of their family, were untouchable. They wear mask to hide their identities but everybody knows who they are. Micheal, Kai, Will and Damon are very close friends and the horseman. Each year on the day before Halloween, called devils night, they drag some students from school, take them to a unknown location, rough them up a bit, get them drunk and party. Three years ago Rika was finally noticed by micheal and invited to their devils night charades. But the evening didn't end well for Rika, and well for the horsemen as well. Kai, will and damon where sent to jail. Three years later they're out and they want revenge on the person they believe got them locked up, Rika.  Micheal, Kai, Will and Damon make a plan to destroy her life but how far are they willing to go. Will Rika finally stand up for her self or will she crack under pressure. How will this wicked, crazy and kind of messed up game of cat and mouse end? 

What did I like about this book?
I love the thrill! This books builds up the story, it doesn't give it all away in the beginning. By reading the book you'll find out more and more. You get to know the characters better. You get to know why they are the way the are. 
I loved getting to know the characters but I also love how Rika found herself. She really grew in this book. This book teaches you to be yourself and that having a take it or leave it attitude about it works in your own best interest. You are who you are and why do anything els than own it.
Talk about the sexual tension that was in this book, like omg. I never would have guessed that Rika would go that far. Don't worry everything was 100% consentual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment