Monday, April 4, 2016

Review "Hunter by Blaire Drake"


* ARC provided in exchange of an honest review * 

Born into blood, I was a mafia princess. Raised in hiding, I was a Californian sweetheart.

The day my father sold my thirteen year old body to pay off a five year old debt was the day my mother stole me in the dead of night. She protected me as she was supposed to.

My father may have been the king, but my mother was the queen.

The mafia blood was hers.

That was ten years ago. Now… the devil was on the loose.

Carlo ‘Hunter’ Rosso was my father’s right hand man and the boy I’d loved since I could tie my own shoelaces. He was always the most ruthless and the most deadly of all the children.

He’d thought I was dead until the day his assignment was given: Kill Adriana and Alexandria Romano. Kill the princess, and definitely kill the queen.

What he didn’t know was that the queen was dead, and the princess had taken her throne.

Blood didn’t lie. It smeared, distorted, stained. But it didn’t lie.

My father was going to learn the hard way that the empire he’d stolen belonged to me.

And so did Carlo ‘Hunter’ Rosso


Review
It pains me to say this but I didn't like this book. I think it had great potential and I wanted it to be good but for me it just didn't do it. I liked it in the beginning just fine but I grew to dislike it more and more trough out the book. Well not the book perse but Alexandria, the main female. Let me tell you why. 

What is this book all about
This book is about mafia prinses Alexandria. After her father sold her 13 year old self because of a debt her mother took her and ran. She remained in hiding for several years until her father found out she is alive and well and sends his assassin Carlo a.k.a hunter after her. 
Hunter and Alexandria have a history. They ment everything to each other, they loved each other. But did that love remain? 
This story is about a prinses trying to reclaim what she feels is her's and get revenge on her father. But it also a story about love and how time means nothing if the love is real.

What did I think of this book. 
Like I said i liked this book just fine in the beginning but I disliked Alexandria more and more trough out the story. She was was sassy and confident but to me it got over the top to the point that she felt more like a  spoiled bitchy prinses. She behaved like a princes, got respect because her mother demanded it and she felt entitled to that empire. Her father is a real fucked up guy and I agree that he needed to be taken care of. It's more her attitude that bothered me.
I liked hunter. He didn't have it easy, and he was trying so hard to make it right. Alexandria didn't make it easy. Like he said himself she was behaving like a spoiled little child sometimes. 
Unless she changes her behavior and grows up, I don't think she'll make a great mafia boss. She needs to earn respect and treat people with respect. 
I know she felt like hunter was breaking her heart during the time she was away because he didn't look for her but come on. Why are you holding a teenager/child responsible for not finding you while you are the one that ran away. I mean she had to leave but to hold something like that against him was a bit unfair. 
I know that is sucked having him be the one that tries to kill you but after that shock fades at least hear him out. I get that you don't trust him but man girl you really are difficult. 
I will stop ranting about her now.  Please don't let this review keep you from reading this book because after all it's just my opinion. While this book didn't do much for me you might love it so please give it a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment