Monday, May 23, 2016

Review "Promises hurt by Elle Broos"

I wasn't planning on falling for Ethan Jamison, hell I wasn't planning on our paths ever crossing. He’s the most popular guy at school and a complete player. Me; I’m the perpetual good girl, trying to carry out one last request. But when you make a promise, how far do you go to see it through? 

~ Blair

It’s a running joke that I’m a terrible liar, if only people knew the truth. My whole life has been spent making excuses and deflecting questions. I was pretty good at it until Blair Thomas entered my world. She saw through the mask that everyone is so willing to accept. She makes me want to tell her all my secrets, but can she promise to keep them?

~ Ethan


Review
I liked this book. I don't tend to read allot of high school romance these days. Picked this book up because the author is coming to FBBF and the blurb sounded intriguing.

What is this book all about. 
              This book is about Blair and Ethan. Blair is a quirky girl that likes to keep to her self. She wears funny t-shirts with quotes on them. The book begins with blair's best friend being diagnosed with cancer. She dies a view months later. In a letter that her friend left her is also the bucket list she didn't get to finish. So the friends ask Blair to finish it for her. 
              Ethan meets Blair in the library. She is his new math tutor. He is taken aback by this gorgeous girl. Who is she and why didn't he knew her. As they grow closer the walls that protect secrets are coming down. Will they be able to overcome it or will the past refuse to let them go.

What did I like about this book.
              I liked the characters.  They both had hardship in their life so I loved to see them heal. To see them help each other. They are so good together.  I loved Ethan and Blair both as individuals and as a couple. 
          Oh boy also be prepared for that cliffhanger. I just had to dive straight into the second one. I just had to know what was going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment