Sunday, May 27, 2018

Review "Crow by A. Zavarelli"

An Irish mobster. A missing friend. Two loyalties, ripping me apart.

I had a plan.

Get in, get my information, and get out. Easy, right?

Turns out, infiltrating the Irish mafia isn’t exactly what I thought it would be. I just wanted a soldier. Someone I could flirt with to get me in the door.

That’s when Lachlan Crow noticed me. Problem was, he wasn’t a soldier. No, he was next in line for the throne of the Irish underworld. And he was determined to hate me from the outset. My sob story about needing a job? Yeah, he wasn’t buying that either.

Too bad for him, I won’t let anyone get in the way of my mission.

Who cares if we have some kind of crazy chemistry? He’s the worst kind of wrong- and I would never in a million years be with a guy like him.

Because they took her from me, and I’m going to make them pay.
 


Title: Crow (Boston Underworld #1)
Author: A. Zavarelli
Publisher: Createspace 
Amount of Pages: 314
Genre: Dark, Romance, New Adult, Mafia 

Date Read: 20-02-2018 - 21-02-2018

Favorite Quote: "The thing about butterflies, Mr. Crow, is that they need to be admired from afar."
“I never realized how empty my life had really become until I had him in it. He did that to me. He said I wrecked him, but he completely destroyed me. Everything was fine when I was alone. When I didn’t have to feel or think or care about someone else. Sure I was sad and broken, but I was okay. Now, I’m anything but.” 

Review:
Great read! It was very interesting. I've read about the Italian mafia, some Bratva here and there but never about the Irish mafia. I liked it. 
I look forward to read more books in the series. Each book is a standalone set in the same world. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Mackenzie and Lachlan. Mackenzie lives in some very harsh conditions. She lives in a crappy apartment and has little to no money. After one of her friends goes missing she is doing whatever she can to find her. 
That led to her meeting Irish mobster Lachlan. She impressed him when she stepped into the fighting ring and wins. 
Mackenzie is telling herself that she is only trying to get close to Lachlan to find her friend but she can't help being attracted to Lachlan.
Lachlan is telling himself that he's only keeping Mackenzie close because he thinks that she has something to do with the russians but he can't help but want her. 
Will they give in to how they feel, for how they could feel or will the Russians get to them first.

What did I like about this book:
I liked the setting. It was fun seeing some other branches of the mafia. 
I liked how strong Mackenzie was. She is a good fighter but what I loved most is her realizing that its not bad to let people in, to feel something. 
One thing I didn't like is how fast they went from lust to loving each other so much they can't live without each other. That went a bit to fast for my liking. Other than that it was a very enjoyable read. I can't wait to read more about some of the other characters in this book. 

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment