Saturday, May 26, 2018

Review "Moonlight Seduction by Jennifer L. Armentrout."

*ARC*
Nicolette Bresson never thought she’d return to the de Vincents’ bayou compound. It’s where her parents work, where Nikki grew up... and where she got her heart broken by Gabriel de Vincent himself. Yet here she is, filling in for her sick mother. Avoiding Gabe should be easy, especially when so much of Nikki’s time is spent trying not to be stabbed in the back by the malicious hangers-on who frequent the mansion. But escaping memories of Gabe, much less his smoking-hot presence, is harder than expected—especially since he seems determined to be in Nikki’s space as much as possible.

Gabriel spent years beating himself up over his last encounter with Nikki. He’d wanted her then, but for reasons that were bad for both of them. Things have now changed. Gabe sees more than a girl he’s known forever; he sees a smart, talented, and heartbreakingly beautiful woman... one who’s being stalked from the shadows. Now, Gabe will do anything to keep Nikki safe—and to stop the de Vincent curse from striking again.


Title: Moonlight Seduction (de Vincent #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Avon
Number of Pages: 400
Genre: Adult, Romance, Suspense

Date read: 23-05-2018

Quote:
"She would be his because he was already hers."


Review: 

I liked this book. It was a very enjoyable read, one that I couldn't put down. I started reading before planning to go to sleep, I was tired so I didn't think I'd be able to read for long. Well it was 9:30/10 pm when I started and I finished 1:30 am. So no early night for me.
Like the first book this one has sons of suspense and mystery in it. I liked that the book kept you guessing whether or not there was something paranormal going on.

What is this book about:
This book focuses on Gabriel, the middle de Vincent brother and Nikki, the daughter of the de Vincent's house keepers. Nikki grew up with or around the de Vincent brothers. She has a huge crush on Gabe. She would follow him around. Well one night something happened right before she went to collage. Something that really hurt her. After not seeing Gabe for four year, she comes face to face with him again after she returns home to take over her mothers house keeping duties for a while. There is no escaping from Gabe now. As angry as Gabe is with her, he can't stop looking at her. As much as he wants to push her away, he just can't help wanting her closer.

What did I like about this book: 
While I really liked this book it's not my favorite series by Jennifer. I love the added suspense, Jennifer writes that so well. I had my suspicious but I wasn't sure.
I liked Nikki, she is a strong girl that has a backbone. She wasn't beyond putting Gabe in his place even though she was the "help".
I liked seeing Lucian and Julia again. It was fun to see Lucian was just as much in love with her as he was in the first book.
It was interesting seeing Devlin some more. The way this book ended makes me very interested into reading his book.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment