Saturday, May 26, 2018

Review "Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas"

Chaol Westfall has always defined himself by his unwavering loyalty, his strength, and his position as the Captain of the Guard. But all of that has changed since the glass castle shattered, since his men were slaughtered, since the King of Adarlan spared him from a killing blow, but left his body broken.

His only shot at recovery lies with the legendary healers of the Torre Cesme in Antica—the stronghold of the southern continent's mighty empire. And with war looming over Dorian and Aelin back home, their survival might lie with Chaol and Nesryn convincing its rulers to ally with them.

But what they discover in Antica will change them both—and be more vital to saving Erilea than they could have imagined.
 





Title: Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass#6)
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Number of Pages: 664
Genre: New Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Date Read: 21-04-2018 - 24-04-2018

Favorite Quote: "Rowan beheld all Aelin was and is, and he was not afraid."
"You must enter where you fear to thread."

Review:
I was not looking forward to reading this book at all. This might even be an understatement. Just don't like Chaol. I never was a big fan of him and he didn't make him self more likable. Don't worry I won't go into a rant about Chaol.
I do have to admit that Chaol got a tiny bit better in this book but I still am not a big fan. There where moments where I though, he I might start to like you and then he opened his mouth and said or did something which made me think, welp no. 
The side characters in this book where the hero's of this book. They made it manageable. They made it enjoyable. 

Note: For the people that don't know this. This book runs paralell to Empire of Storms. It has the same timeline. The characters from Empire of Storm aren't in this book and vice versa. This book contains important information for the last book. Information you need to know, so you can do one of two things, read the book or read the spoilers. I read all the spoilers first and didn't learn anything new while reading this book. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Chaol. He is on his way to the southern continent to do two things, get healed and find people that will fight with him, Dorian and Aelin in the upcoming war. With him came Nesryn. They are kind of involved but you can tell that Chaols heart isn't totally in it. 
Upon ariving in the city Nesryn and Chaol meet the king and his children. One of them is Sartaq, the leader of the air force (with lack of a better world) of that kingdom. 
Yrene is a healer of the Torre. She is blessed by a god and very good at her job. She has a difficult past and isn't that wiling to work with Chaol. But she ends up trying to help him. 
As Chaol and Yrene grow closer and he begins to heal in more than just one way, so is Yrene. Both Chaol and Nesryn will find their happily ever after. 

There are more things going on in the southern continent than they initially thought. The Valg may have beat them to it and aren't planing on leaving anytime soon. Can Chaol and Nesryn accomplish what they came for? Will they manage to improve the odd of beating Maeve, Erawan and the Valg completely? 

What did I like about this book
Well I didn't like Chaol and I doubt I ever will. What I did like was the whole new world. I loved reading about Yrene. I can'understand some of her struggles as I'm a nurse myself. I liked getting to know her and I liked that she put Chaol in his place more times than one. 
I also liked Nesryn. I felt like she deserved better than what Chaol was giving her. I'm glad she got what she deserved. I like how she developed and that we saw her journey as well.
I also really liked Sartaq. He's a very interesting character. He seems like a man that has his heart in the right place and is willing to do what is right. I liked that about him. I also like that he is as sassy as they come. 

I'm glad that the book didn't just focus on Chaol. If it was I would have given up only a chapter in. 

Rating


No comments:

Post a Comment