Sunday, May 27, 2018

Review "Unknown Series by Wendy Higgins"

Amber Tate believes the worst thing she’ll suffer in life is dealing with the unrequited love she feels for her brother’s best friend, Rylen Fite. She also believes war is something unfortunate that happens places far, far away from her rural Nevada town. She’s wrong on both counts.

When an unknown organization meticulously bombs major cities in the United States and across the globe, a trickle-down effect spreads to remaining towns at an alarming speed—everything from food and water sources to technology and communications are compromised. Without leadership, the nation is split between paralysis and panic, but Amber isn’t one to hide or watch helplessly. She’s determined to put her nursing skills to use, despite the danger, even if it means working alongside the man she can never have. 


Title:Unknown (Unknown #1)
Author:Wendy Higgins
Publisher:Self Published
Number of Pages:344
Genre:New Adult, Romance, Science Fiction, Dystopian

Date read:18-03-2018 - 19-03-2018

Quote: "Because this was life. Laughter, love, friendships. We had a way of life to protect. We weren’t perfect by any means, but we were good . And we sure as hell weren’t giving it up without a fight."

Review: 
I am surprised by how much I loved this book. It's a very interesting concept and very well written. I really liked the characters as well
I loved the romance in this book. It was a bit frustrating at certain points, and I shouldn't be happy with how some things went but I was.
The book went in a way that I wasn't expecting. I can't wait to read one. Can't put this series down.
This book was a set up for the rest of the series and I can't wait to see where it goes.

What is this book about:
So this book is about Amber and Rylen. While they are the main characters, there are actually many other characters that I would describe as main as well like Ambers brother Jacob (also known as Tater) and her best friend Remy. 
Anyhow in this book we see the world being build. We meet these characters when they are young. We see them growing up and we really get to know them. 
Amber always has been in love with her brothers friend and neighbor Rylen. They never really got together and she tried to move on but she just couldn't. 
After what seems like a terrorist attack Rylen and Tater both join the army. After that there isn't much happening for a few years. Rylen is mostly overseas and Amber is working as a paramedic on a ambulance. 
They thought the attack five years ago might be just that but unfortunately there is another attack, and another which leaves all the us leaders dead, except one. There is total mayhem and chaos. People are trying to figure out what is going on. There is no electricity and no more internet, phones etc etc. 
To make matters worse for Amber, Rylen comes home and he isn't alone...

What did I like about this book
I like the set up in this book. It feels very real to me. Like this could actually happen. Wendy took her time building this book up and that really worked for me.
I really like Amber. She seems like a strong girl that has her heart in the right place. I also like Rylen, he didn't have it easy growing up. 
My heart went out for Amber though, to be in love with someone that doesn't love her back, or so she things, is hard. 
I was rooting so hard for them and my heart broke at some point. It broke so hard that I was happy with the way the book ended. And I really shouldn't be happy about that. 
This book ends with a cliffhanger so be aware of that one and have book two ready to go. 

Rating:




______________________________________________________________________________


Being on the run in the desert means food and sanctuary are hard to come by, but Amber Tate and her crew are not about to give up. Not after having so many of the things they love brutally ripped from them by an unknown enemy who sent their world into the apocalypse.

Survival takes precedence, but once safe shelter is found, their guards fall and the emotions they’ve been holding in are finally released. Anger, insecurities...lust. In their tight quarters, Amber, Rylen, Tater, and Remy can't escape it. The past must be faced, and passions run even stronger in the darkest of times.

In the midst of unrest, their worlds are rocked again when they discover the truth about the war that’s ruined their lives. They thought finding out the enemy's identity would give them the edge; instead it’s revealed terrifying dangers they never thought possible.



Title: Unrest (Unknown #2)
Author: Wendy Higgins
Publisher: Self Published
Number of Pages: 282
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Science Fiction, Dystopian

Date read: 19-03-2018

Quote: "Fear of the unknown threatened to make me cry out, but I strangled it back down. We had to move forward. We had to survive and fight."

Review: 
This series keeps getting better and better. It feels so realistic. It's full of action and trill. Wendy did an amazing thing writing this book. Although this one isn't as action packed as the first one is, it does has action in it. There are still allot of things going on. Just different things than in the first one. 

What is this book about:
So this book start right where the last one ended. Rylen, Amber, Tater, and Remy are trying to recover from the catastrophic ending of the first book. They lost so many people and they are still morning. But they don't have time to sit still and wait. Together with the rest of their crew/friends (army buddies from Rylen and Tater) they are trying to find a military bunker and go from there.
Getting there isn't as easy as it is. Gas isn't easy to come by, the weather isn't cooperating, no more supermarkets that have tons of food, humans that just won't play nice, and ofcourse the aliens that took over the world. 

What did l love about this book
I loved that this book showed some realistic struggles. No more shaving, no more regular meals, no more electricity, no more security, no more nothing. I liked how realistic Wendy kept it. 
I liked seeing Rylen and Amber interact with eachother. There is so much sitting between them, that's holding them back and I just want to give them that push and tell them to talk it out and get together already. I understand Ambers struggles though. Timing is important with situations like this. I'm so glad the finally managed to work it out. I was so excited. 
I liked the flow in this book. It's different from the first book that had allot of changes happening, while this one has a bit more of a steady phase. This one is the journey from A to B. I have high hopes for the last one. Everything is set up for a huge action packed finally. 

Rating:





______________________________________________________________________________



Amber Tate never dreamed their heart-wrenching escape from the enemy’s attack would lead them to the most beautiful place she’s ever seen, marred by one ugly fact; it’s under enemy control. Like everywhere else in the world, Elmendorf military base in Alaska has been captured, and it’s time to take it back—all of it—one base, one city at a time. After losing so much, Amber clings to the only precious person she has left, and vows to sacrifice everything to help save the Earth.

Remy Haines is a lover, not a fighter, so when she finds herself in enemy territory, expected to feign allegiance while gathering intel for the rebel cause, she’s never been more out of her element. Tensions only increase when her feelings for Jacob “Tater” Tate won’t go away, and the enemy’s leader takes an interest in her. She’s torn between what her heart wants, and what she knows she should do. As for what her body needs…well, it’s always had a mind of its own.
 



Title: Undone (Unknown #3)
Author: Wendy Higgins
Publisher: Self Published
Number of Pages: 310
Genre: New Adult, Romance, Science Fiction, Dystopian

Date read: 19-03-2018 - 20-03-2018

Quote: “You shouldn’t underestimate the soft ones.”

Review: 
After the cliffhanger from the last book I was rushing to start this book. It surly didn't disappoint. I loved it.
We got a few more pov's in this book. Normally I'm not a big fan of multiple pov's but in this case it was done well and provided more insight in the situation.
I liked how everything got together. I loved that the main characters finally got to be together. It took them a while. I was glad to see how that progressed.
I think this book would have made an interesting movie, one that I would surly watch.
Wendy did a great job writing her first NA novel. I'm hoping she'll write more of it. She has a nice writing style and is a very nice and sweet person.

What is this book about
This book takes off right where the last one ended. Our group got split up. Tater and Remy where taken by the enemy and Amber and Rylen are working with the resistance to take their world back.
There is allot of action in this book and we see it from two different sides. One side from the resistance point of view and one from behind the enemy lines pov. 
We learn more about the invaders and what their goals are. We see more about them and what makes them tick. 

What did I love about this book:
I loved seeing the plot evolve from different sides. It really gave us a complete story. 
I loved seeing Rylen and Amber finally together and being a couple. They deserve to be happy after everything that that happened. 
I really liked how everything came together. This book is full of suspense, and action. It worked out really well.
I've said it before but I think this series would make a great movie. I'd love to see it turn into one or a series and I for one will watch it. 
I think this series will be one of those series that I will reread once in a while. 

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment