Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Review "Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas"

Years in the making, Sarah J. Maas’s #1 New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series draws to an epic, unforgettable conclusion. Aelin Galathynius’s journey from slave to king’s assassin to the queen of a once-great kingdom reaches its heart-rending finale as war erupts across her world. . .

Aelin has risked everything to save her people―but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. Aware that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, though her resolve begins to unravel with each passing day…

With Aelin captured, Aedion and Lysandra remain the last line of defense to protect Terrasen from utter destruction. Yet they soon realize that the many allies they’ve gathered to battle Erawan’s hordes might not be enough to save them. Scattered across the continent and racing against time, Chaol, Manon, and Dorian are forced to forge their own paths to meet their fates. Hanging in the balance is any hope of salvation―and a better world.

And across the sea, his companions unwavering beside him, Rowan hunts to find his captured wife and queen―before she is lost to him forever.

As the threads of fate weave together at last, all must fight, if they are to have a chance at a future. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever in the explosive final chapter of the Throne of Glass series.
 


Title: Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7)
Author: Sarah J. Maas 
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
Edition: Kindle 
Amount of Pages: 992
Genre: YA/NA, Fantasy, Romance, Action

Date Read: 23-10-2018 - 24-10-2018 

Favorite Quote: "You do not Yield"

Review:
I have to be honest, I lost my excitement for this book due to all the push backs and the crazy fandom. Now don't start hating on me, I get her reasons for pushing back the book but like 6 times is a bit to much. I would have waited with the series if I knew. 
But I'm glad I finally got to read it because it was really good! She really stepped up from A Court of Wings and Ruin (which I still liked). I loved how it all came together.

What is this book about:
This book starts where Empire of Storms (and Tower of Dawn) ended. Aelin is captured by Maeve and Rowan and co are hunting her down to save her. 
Lysandra is prententing to be Aelin and Aedion is fighting to win the war and to keep the forces of Erawan at bay.
Dorian and Manon are looking for the last Wyrdkey and are trying to get the other witches to fight for them. 
Chaol and the others are on their way back with an army, and they hope they aren't to late. 
In this book we see everyone come together in an attempt to fight and defeat Maeve and Erawan, but will they succeed? Will they find a way to win without having to pay the ultimate price....

What did I like about this book:
Overall I loved this book. It was long and it had a bit of a slow start but it was so worth it. I really liked how it all turned out. I kind of expected an ending like this but I'm glad it all worked out. 


SPOILERS AHEAD!!!! BE WARNED FOR THE SPOILERS!!!

I loved how real it felt. Aelin being traumatized, her still struggling after the rescue. How tired she is. How she suffered, and how Fenrys suffered. 
I didn't get the love for Fenrys until this book. I really do now. 
I loved seeing Rowan and Aelin together. I loved how they where still a team. I loved seeing more from Rowans pov too. 
We got to see the Cardre in action and I loved that because till now we didn't seem much of their skills. 
My heart broke for Aedion. I really feel bad. The amount of pressure he's under. Trying to fight and almost unfightable war and being knocked down over and over again. Without Aedion there wouldn't be a country to save. He fought so hard. He got hurt by the woman he loved and his beloved cousin. It really pissed me off that Lysandra and Aelin decided to make him a breeding stud without even consulting him about it when they made those plans. I really expected more from lysandra. As a former whore she knows what it's like to have others make choices over her body and she had no issue doing it to Aedion, even knowing his past. To expect him to breed children for Aelins line, so the kids would look like her, but never being able to claim them as his own. It's not oke to make a live altering decision for someone, they should have asked him before making that plan. And her admitting they where never going to tell him was just fucked up. I get why he was so mad at her. He had every right to. 
I also felt for Lysandra, she had fate in aelin and thought she would have made a good plan, while in reality the plan sucked. It was a crappy plan and it cost people their lives. 

I was shocked when Aelin lost all her power. I didn't expect her to die, no way would sarah have done that. I think its a good compromise though, that way she still payed a hefty price but not her live. I loved how Rowan one upped her with the wyrdmarks on her back, guiding her home. 
I thought it was stupid for aelin to bargain with the gods for Elena though, the bitch had it coming. And she got screwed by the gods and screwed the others by arguing with the gods. I loved that Mala gave her some power though. 
I absolutely hated the crossover. I hated it because it added absolutely nothing. Sarah really went against her word, and she has a habit of doing that and it doesn't really work for her. I am glad that she closed all other opportunities for a crossover in the future though. 

I loved that Rowan and Aelin fought Maeve together, shared power. It showed how strong Rowan actually is. I loved that the defeat of Erawan and Maeve was a team effort and not just like typical YA, where the main heroine does all the fighting and wins everything. That felt real to me.

I am glad that there where some impactfull deaths, it made it sad but realistic. I do feel like Gavriel's death, while I knew it was coming, was a bit unnecessary. I didn't fully understand why he did it, he didn't need to.


END SPOILER

Rating:
5 it was amazing Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment