Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Review "Summoned to the Thirteenth Grave by Darynda Jones


Advanced Readers Copy 
It's lucky number thirteen . . . this is the epic finale for our favourite Grim Reaper and her sinfully sexy son-of-the-devil husband, Reyes.

Charley Davidson, Grim Reaper extraordinaire, is pissed. She's been kicked off the earthly plane for eternity - which is exactly the amount of time it takes to make a person stark, raving mad. But someone's looking out for her, and she's allowed to return after a mere hundred years in exile. Is it too much to hope for that not much has changed? Apparently it is. Bummer.

She's missed her daughter. She's missed Reyes. She's missed Cookie and Garrett and Uncle Bob. But now that she's back on earth, it's time to put to rest burning questions that need answers. What happened to her mother? How did she really die? Who killed her? And are cupcakes or coffee the best medicine for a broken heart? It all comes to a head in an epic showdown between good and evil in this final smart and hilarious novel.


Title: Summoned to Thirteenth Grave (Charley Davidson #13)
Author: Darynda Jones
Publisher: Piatukus
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 288
Genre: Paranormal, Adult

Date Read 11-12-2018 - 16-12-2018

Favourite Quote: "But I couldn’t get enough of him. This man I’d dreamed of every minute of every hour for one hundred years."

Review:
I want to start my review by saying thank you for granting me this arc. It was really unexpected and I know my friend hated me just a little when I told her I got it. 
I'm not sure what to say about this book. Overall it fell a bit flat? I expected more, especially when the story was build up to be so epic, don't get me wrong I still liked it, but I don't know, I expected more I guess. I felt like the focus was more on the upcoming battle beep has to fight and her story. This book was really setting up for a possible spin off. 
Overall it has a good and an ending that fitted reyes and charley.

What is this book:
This book starts off where the last one ended. Charley was kicked of the face of the earth. Quite literally. 
If that wasn't enough, there's still a war coming, a war beep will have to fight with her army. And lets not forget the hell dimension that got out, is raging on the town. People are getting sick, going crazy. Like the apocalypse is near. And there is limited time to stop it. 
Will Charley and co pull it off, will they be able to save the world or will all be lost

What is did I like about this book:
I liked Charley and Cookies banter. I really liked seeing Charley and Reyes spend some time together. Charley can be as immature as ever but she has a good heart and tries to do the best she can for the people she loves. 

Like i mentioned above there where a few things I didn't like. There was something missing in this book. It felt flat, like it was more a set up for more than an actual conclusion. 
I wasn't a big fan of the reveals that kept adding, it got a bit much and hard to keep track off. It might have been different if I did a reread before starting this one, but I just couldn't wait. 
Don't get me wrong, I still liked this book, it just wasn't what I personally expected and I felt a bit disconnected to the story I suppose. I don't know how to explain it properly because I feel bad. I really wanted to love this book and I hate that I can't explain properly why I didn't. Especially when Netgally was kind enough to grant me this arc and Darynda is an awesome person. 

Rating:
4 I liked it Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment