Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Review "Oblivion by Jennifer L. Armentrout"

I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it.

And trouble’s the last thing I need, since I’m not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plus, if there’s one thing I know, it’s that humans can’t be trusted. We scare them. We can do things they only dream about, and honestly, we make them look weak as hell. ‘Cuz they are.

But Kat is getting to me in ways no one else has, and I can't stop myself from wanting her—or wanting to use my powers to protect her. She makes me weak, and I’m the strongest of our kind, tasked with protecting us all. So this one simple girl…she can mean the end for us. Because the Luxen have an even bigger enemy—the Arum, and I need to stay on my game.

Falling for Katy—a human—won't just place her in danger. It could get us all killed, and that’s one thing I’ll never let happen...




Title: Oblivion (Lux #1.5, 2.5 & 3.5)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Edition: Kindle 
Amount of pages: 1005
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Paranormal 

Date Read: 16-11-2018 - 19-12-2018

Favorite Quote: "Truth be told, I fell for her the first time she mouthed off at me. I just hadn't fully admitted it to myself."

Review:
I loved it! I handled my reread a bit differently this time. I couldn't not read it all in Daemon's pov as well. 
So basically this book contains Obsidian, Onyx and Opal in Daemons pov. Most scenes are the same but there are some extra scenes as well that we didn't get in the original books. 
I loved seeing things from Daemon's point of view. To see what he was thinking in the beginning. How he feels about everything. It made me love him more. 

What is this book about:
Like I said above this book is the first three in Daemons point of view. You don't have to read Obsidian, Onyx and Opal. You could begin the series with this one but it would be more fun to read both. 

Oblivion 1.5 
Daemon black isn't your normal highschool guy. He is hot and arrogant and he knows it. What people don't know it that he isn't human, in fact he and his siblings are aliens . They came to earth many years ago after their own planet blew up and have lived on earth ever since. 
Deamon thought he was lucky that the house next to his was empty only to discover his luck has ran out. Not only did new people move it, it's a girl the same age as him and his sister. Knowing his sisters ability to be friends with anyone, and the risk of exposure he tries everything to keep the girl next door, Katy away from him and his sister. Not everything goes according to plan though. 
Daemon thought it would be easy, that Katy would just leave. What he didn't expect is that the girl he thought average wasn't so average, and as he likes to put it, kitten got claws. 

Oblivion 2.5 
The story picks up right where we left it in Oblivion 1.5. Katy and Daemon share a connection. Daemon knows that connection isn't what made him like Katy or make him attracted to her but Katy is hell bent on believing otherwise. Daemon however wouldn't be Daemon if he walked away from a challenge. He is trying his best to convince Katy they are perfect together and that he always liked her but indeed had a shitty way of showing it. 
When this new guy comes to town, bard, benny, what's is name, oh yeah Blake, Daemon thought it wouldn't get more complicated that that. But when Katy experiences things she shouldn't, and Blake seems awfully interested in her. Daemon tries his hardest to help katy and keep Blake away. However there are things that even Daemon can't keep from happening, nomatter how hard he tries or nomatter how different he wants things to be. 
Daemon knew he should have trusted his own gut, his instincts. Now things have changed, and it might not be for the better.

Oblivion 3.5 
Things happened in the second book that Daemon never expected. His brother wasn't dead. He's alive and he's home. If only that was the end of it. Instead of wanting to stay the hell away from Daedalus Dawson is hell bent on going back to get Beth. And Daemon is hell bent on not letting that happen. It's eating away from his time he gets to spend with Katy. 
However when Katy promises that they, she and daemon would help Dawson get Bethany back. They have to do things her rather not. But he can't complain, he got Katy. 
Now they need to get Bethany back for Dawson and all will be oke......he hopes. 

What did I like about this book:
I love seeing what goes around in Daemons head. Book 2 is still my least favorite. I got so frustrated and impatience with Katy. And seeing it through Daemons eyes didn't help. 
I loved seeing all my old favorite scenes again but also the new ones. It made me fall in love with daemon more. 
And my heart broke for him in certain scenes. 

In my opinion, If you love Daemon and the Lux series, you'd want to read this book! 

Rating:
5 Amazing Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment