Sunday, December 9, 2018

Review "The Truth about Lies by Aly Martinez"

Truth: From over a thousand miles away, I watched on the screen of my phone as two men murdered my wife. And I was helpless to save her. 

Consumed by hate and rage, I spent four years running from my memories. 

Until a shattered woman gave me a reason to stop. 

Cora lived in a nightmare, but through sheer force of will, she’d turned it into something beautiful. She had a smile that could pierce the darkest soul. And with one glance, she shredded mine. 

Lie: I was only there for a fresh start. 
Lie: I had no idea what I was getting myself into. 
Lie: There was nothing I could do to save her, either. 

But that’s the thing about lies—you never know who to believe.


Title: The Truth About Lies (The Truth Duet #1)
Author: Aly Martinez
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services 
Edition: Kindle
Amount of Pages: 330
Genre: Contemporary, Romance

Date Read: 19-09-2018 - 20-09-2018

Favorite Quote: “In my world, where pain, filth, and fear were a way of life, why waste the possibility of finally feeling something incredible?”

Review:
I really liked this book. I had no idea it would be the kind of book that it is. When I started I was surprised and a tad skeptical but Aly proved me wrong. It was so good! 
If you don't like cliffhangers, make sure you get the second book ready to go because this ends with one. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Cora. Cora has hasn't had it easy. She's stuck with the Gurerro (not sure how you write it) and it's not good. The Guerro's are bad, bad people. 
Cora has been working for them, surviving them, for over 13 years. She's a house mother for over 30 working girls and it ain't easy.
Penn feels like he died the day his wife died. It didn't help that he watched her die through video chat and that there was nothing he could do about it. It killed him. 
When he and his brother Drew start a job as maintenance guys in a working girl house, they meet Cora. Penn could feel his dead heart starting to beat again and it scared the crap out of him. He came to that house with one goal in mind and Cora wasn't that. 

What did I like about this book:
I liked that the book caught me of guard. I'm happy that it made me change my mind and that it showed me my first thoughts and hesitant was way off. 
This is an amazing book and It's very thrilling. I cannot wait to read the second book. I have to know how the story ends. 
I really liked Cora, allot. She is an amazing girl. A strong girl. I admire how she handled the shit that got thrown at her since birth. How she continues try and make it work to the best of her ability. That shows allot of strength.
I liked Penn too, especially when he starts showing more bits and pieces of himself. 
I really liked the other characters in this book as well, Drew is also one of my favorites. I hope to see more of him in the next book. 

What I liked most about this book is that it wasn't predictable. I didn't guess what was happening or where the story would go. I like that allot. 

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment