Sunday, July 22, 2018

Review "Ashes by Suzanne Wright"

Knox and Harper's story continues as the Las Vegas lair - and its two infamous Co-Primes - face their most terrifying enemy yet . . 

Together, Harper and Knox have overcome just about every evil thing you can think of - from Horsemen of the Apocalypse to dark magic practitioners to Lucifer's insistent belief that he's hilarious. They're looking forward to some well-earned downtime - until Harper is attacked by mercenaries in the middle of her tattoo shop. Worse still, the attackers are trying to take her wings - the ones no one is meant to know she even has.

It's a near miss and once a furious Knox has managed to pull his demon back into line there's only one thing clear - someone knows Harper's secrets and is systematically setting out to destroy her. It seems likely that someone is the third Horseman - but how do they know so much about Harper? It seems the impossible might be true - they have an enemy hiding at the very heart of the lair.

To survive Harper will need to embrace power that's darker than she's ever experienced and even Knox can't protect her from everything - though God knows nothing's going to stop him trying. The stakes have never been higher, for if Harper's taken by this new threat, Knox won't be able to stop his demon from taking a vicious pleasure in tearing the world apart . . .
 


Title: Ashes (Dark in you #3)
Author: Suzanne Wright
Publisher: Piatkus
Amount of Pages:352
Genre: Adult, Fantasy, Romance 

Date Read: 1st: 03-07-2017- 11-07-2017 2nd: 20-07-2018 – 21-02-2018

Favorite Quote: “I didn’t think I’d ever have this. Someone who was mine … Didn’t see it coming.” His face hardened as he added, “I’ll fight to the death to protect and keep what we have.”

“Head tilted, Lou looked at her curiously. “Are you… are you trying to appeal to my conscience?” He snorted. “That inner voice gave up on me a long time ago. Honestly, trying to make me feel bad is more pointless than the ‘ay’ in ‘okay’. If self-centeredness could bounce, I’d be in orbit. And wouldn’t that be fun?”
Harper sighed. “At least you’re honest about it.”
“My shrink says I shouldn’t hold things in or pretend to be what I’m not. He says I should just be myself.”
“Yeah, that was bad advice.”
“And yet, I have a fan club,” Lou said smugly. “Several.”
“You mean you have Satanic cults that worship you.”
“Yeah,” he muttered, seemingly unimpressed by them.”


Review:
I liked this book. It’s fun to see more of Harper and Knows but also of their friends, Devon and Tanner, Khloe and Keenan, Levi, Larkin, and Raini. They are all interesting characters that really add tot he story. I liked seeing them in this book and I hope they’ll get their own books. I would love to read about them, especially Devon and Tanner. 

What is this book about:
In this book we continue to follow Knox and Harper’s story. As mates, anchors, and co-primes of the las vegas lair they are very busy. Seeing as both of them have successful businesses you’d thing they have enough on their plates as is. Sadly the remaining horseman disagree with that. Even the death of two of their members don’t seem to hold them back. They are determent as ever to find a way to kill knox and over through the rest of the primes. 
As both Knox and Harper continue to be attacked, there is something the Horsmen want more than just Harper, they think they’ve found something more that would give them control over Knox, or so they think. Will their plan succeed? 

What did I like about this book:
I like the banter between Harper and Knox. I love that she hasn’t changed who she is. She has changed a little bit ofcourse, everyone does, especially in a relationship but she never changed who she is. She remained strong and stubbern, she remained her own person. 
I really liked seeing Devon and Tanner together. I really hope they get their own book, I think if someone can make it work, they will. 
I originally thought this book was the end of the series and while I thought it was sad and felt unfinished, it could have worked as an ending but never the less I’m glad we get one more book!

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment