Sunday, July 22, 2018

Review "Embers by Suzann Wright"

The final horseman awaits . . . and the stakes have never been higher.

With the birth of their son, Asher, Harper and Knox are both more powerful and more vulnerable than they've ever been before. Asher's charm has seduced even the devil himself, but Harper knows that the real villain is still out there, and as desperate as ever to see the Primes fall. They're laying low, and there's no way to tell which one of their circle is really a deadly foe . . .

When the final horseman makes their move, Harper and Knox will have to use all the considerable power at their disposal - and that may even include Asher's mysterious abilities. One thing's for sure - this is a baby who's more than a match for any demon coming after him.

It's time for the world's most formidable family to take the fight to the enemy . . .


Title: Embers (Dark in you #4)
Author: Suzanne Wright
Publisher: Piatkus
Amount of pages: 359
Genre: Adult, Fantasy, Romance 

Date Read: 21-07-2018 – 22-07-2018

Favorite Quote: “I’ve never had someone as deeply enmeshed in my life as you are, Harper. Never wanted anyone to be. I don’t have any real experience with emotional intimacy, which means I’m often flying blind here. Not being good at something pisses me off. But you … you’re something I need. I absolutely refuse to live a life that doesn’t have you in it.”

Review:
I was really excited about this book and it sure didn’t dissapoint! I didn’t see that plot twist coming. And I definitly didn’t see the revalation about Khloe coming. I would love to see how that’s going to work out.

What is this book about:
Things seem to be going well after the hardship Harper and Knox went through in the previous book, but with Asher savely in their hands they couldn’t be happier. Fate doesn’t seem to be willing to give them some slack thought. The remaining horseman isn’t done yet. And their target remains the fall of the primes and the death of Knox. Not only are they willing to use Harper for their plans to weaking Knox, no they have moved to their son Asher. Asher isn’t weak by any means, we saw that in the previous books and he continues to grow stronger. He isn’t a easy one to take but that doens’t stop the horseman from taking him.
Will the remaining horseman finally succeed or will he or she meet the same end the other had? 

What did I like about this book:
I loved seeing baby Asher. He seems like such a cute kid. I hope to see more of him in the next few books through the eyes of the others. 
As always it’s fun to see the banter and snark between all the characters. I really hope the authors will write more books in the series. I still have hopes for Devon and Tanner and Khloe and Keenan. With some news about Khloe I am even more curious as how and if something more will grow between her and Keenan. 

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment