Monday, July 23, 2018

Review "Four Day Fling by Emma Hart"

Imagine this. You’re ready to leave after a one-night stand, and you’re figuring out how to—shock horror—leave your number and ask him to be your fake boyfriend for your sister’s wedding this weekend. When he wakes up. Well, that happened to me. And over coffee and omelets, I found myself a date. 

Which was how I ended up arriving at the wedding with a guy I knew nothing about. I didn’t know his last name, or how we met, or how long we’d been dating. I didn’t know where he grew up, what he’d majored in in college, or how many siblings he had. I sure as hell didn’t know he was Adam Winters, hotshot hockey player—and not only my father’s favorite player, but my little nephew’s freakin’ idol. Which means I’m in trouble. Big, big trouble. My mother is suspicious, my sister is bridezilla on crack, and my grandpa will tell anyone who’ll listen about his time in Amsterdam’s Red Light District. Four days. I have to keep this up for four days, and then Adam and I can return to our regular lives, where we don’t have sex whenever we’re alone and my family aren’t interrogating him over his intentions with me. 

At least, that’s the plan. And we all know what happens to those.


Advance Readers Copy 

Title: Four Day Fling
Author: Emma Hart
Publisher: Unknown
Amount of Pages: 219
Genre: Romance, Comedy

Date Read: 22-07-2018

Favorite Quote: "Something." That was one way to describe Poppy Dunn. And, weirdly, probably the most accurate. Because she was. She was something. I just wanted that "something" to be mine."

Review:
I really want to thank Emma for selecting me to receive an ARC of her book. I enjoy reading Emma’s work. Her work always have tons of humor and hot smut, this one is no difference. 
If you loved Emma’s work in the past I don’t doubt you’ll like this one. If you haven’t read any of Emma’s works before but you like feisty, sassy females, hot charming males, lots of chemistry, hot steamy scenes, and a great laugh then this book is the one for you. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Poppy and Adam. Poppy’s sister is getting married and she is desperate to find herself a date. If she doens’t then her mother will shit a cow, as she says it. After a one night stand with Adam she asks him to be her date. To her great surprise he says yes. She thinks the worst is over now. I mean all she needs to know about her supposidly boyfriend is that he’s hot and great in bed right? She never expected him to be a famous hokey player, one that her family surly recognize. 
Adam and Poppy have a great time together, they seem to get allong well, have great chemistry and enjoy each others company. It’s only for four days right? 

What did I like about this book:
I liked the banter between Adam and Poppy. I like poppy’s sarcasm and attutude. It’s funny. Eventhoug I enjoy it, it became a bit to much at some point. I wanted to see there was more to her than just her attitude and her sarcasm. 
I really like how Adam handled the craziness that is Poppy and her family. He is a good guy. 
I’m not sure what to feel about Poppy’s mom. I would have run away a long time ago, what a controling bitch. I wouldn’t hold my tong like everyone else seems to do. I would have told the bitch of and told her to change her attitude or don’t show up at all. 

Overall I enjoyed reading this book. I had a good laugh. 

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment