Monday, July 23, 2018

Review "False Perceptions by Michelle Heard"

Conspiracies and lies lead to a secret that was never supposed to be uncovered.

Six months ago we rescued Emilie Swanson, the daughter of retired Navy Admiral George Swanson – now a senator running for the presidency. 

Having just returned from a harrowing operation gone wrong, I accept an undercover mission. With orders to protect Emilie from any further threats, everything should be uncomplicated. Expecting a socialite, I’m surprised when I get to know the spirited woman. 

But the Navy SEAL motto is true. The only easy day was yesterday. 

To save her I have to take on a powerful political player who will do anything to further his career. Things aren’t what they seem, and the threat to Emilie’s life lies much closer to home than we thought.

Time is running out as we’re both caught in a web of false perceptions.


Advance Readers Copy 

Title: False Perceptions
Author: Michelle Heard 
Publisher: MA Heard
Amount of Pages: 307
Genre: Romance, Military

Date Read: 23-07-2018

Favorite Quote: ”There’s a fire burning inside all of us.
A fierce, all consuming instinct. A persisten wil lto forcefully drive yourself towards daner.
Every time you drop to your knewws, it’s a chance to push yourself harder. Giving up means dying without honor, and honor is the foundation I stand on. You do whatever you have to do to keep going. You don’t give up. Fight. Fight untill the fire inside you is nothing but dead ashes scattered over the bodies of your enemies.”


Review:
This is the first book I’ve read from this author. I was very excited to see that I was selected to read and review a copy of her book. I am always very grateful to an author that trust me to read and review their books. 
In return for receiving a copy I will write an honest review.

What is this book about:
This book is about Hayen and Emillie. Emillie is the daughter of a well known senator who is running to be president. Their relationsip is cold to say at least. After Emillie’s mother and sister died her father threw himself into his work and is only a loving and caring father when he’s on camera. Off camera it’s clear that he doens’t care nor like Emillie. 
When Emillie is kidnapped she doesn’t expect to survive. She is tortured for information on her father but she’s strong. She didn’t give up and she showed great resiltant. 
Hayden is a navy seal and when he and his team rescued Emillie he didn’t expect to see her ever again. After a great loss Hayden decides to retire from the Navy SEALS, before he can he has one more job to do, protect Emillie untill her kidnappers are acconted for and until her fathers campain is over. He accepted the job but didn’t expect to like Emillie as much as he does. 
Will he be able to seperate his job from his growing feeling for Emillie? Will Emillie, who sworn of men, break her own rule? 

What did I like about this book:
I liked how strong Emillie was. I can’t imagine what it must be like to be tortured like she was. She showed great strength and she showed that she does indeed have a back bone. 
I found it very interesting to learn more about the Navy Seals. I was very interested and liked that the author showed us how a mission of theirs goes, whether it goes right or wrong. 
I liked Hayed, he’s a good guy, he showed heart and strenght. 

There where however somethings I didn’t like. For instance I personally didn’t like that the characters where of a certain age, not that there is anything wrong with that, as a matter of fact, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but for me it kept me from connecting with them on a certain level because they are 20 years older than me. I don’t have kids, let alone a kid that is around my current age. 
I felt like the author tried to put allot of things in one novel that made it sometimes hard to connect and really take in what was happening. 
I personally felt like Hayden and Emillie’s relationship when from meeting to I love you a bit tof ast for my personal liking. 

I would like to end this review by saying that my reasons for not liking certain things are purly personal and do not reflect on the author or her work. Just because I didn’t like certain things mean others will as well. 

Anyhow, overall it’s an enjoyable read. I will certainly keep an eye out on this authors. I do like a good military man and this author sure knows how to write one!

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment