Sunday, July 8, 2018

Review "Consume by Jessica Prince"

Killian Everett is condescending, egotistical, and a complete jerk. 
When I started as the new assistant for the famous rock band Civil Corruption, I thought I’d hit the career jackpot... 
but I was wrong. 

With his attitude, bad behavior, and stupid good looks, Killian has made my life a living hell since my very first day. 
We may fight constantly, but that doesn’t make me want him any less. 
And now I know he wants me too. 

He wants to seduce me. 
He wants to own me. 
He wants to consume me. 

And if I’m not careful... 
I just might let him.


Advance Reading Copy 

Title: Consume (Civil Corruption #3)
Author: Jessica Prince 
Publisher: Unknown
Amount of Pages: 259
Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Music

Date Read: 05-07-2018 - 06-07-2018

Favorite Quote: "The intensity of my feelings for her consumed me, invading every molecule of my body and wrapping around me like the warmest the most comfortable blanket in the world."

Review:
I am very grateful that I was granted the opportunity to receive an arc of this book. I haven't read the first two book in this series but I didn't feel like I needed to in order to read this book. The characters in this book were all introduced. I didn't have a moment where I thought, "who is this" "whats going on", "what did I miss"etc. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Killian and Gina. Killian is a member of a very popular band. Gina is friends with the girlfriends of the other band members. 
Gina doesn't have it easy, her mother suffered a terrible stroke and she's trying to take care of her as much as she can but it cost allot. In order to afford the care of her mother she decides to take a job she know she shouldn't take. She's going to be a personal assistant for the band Killian is in. 
The thing is she and Killian shared a night together and that didn't end all that well...
Killian is determent to make her live a living hell so she will quit and he can get back to his old whoring ways, those odds sound better for him than allowing Gina to get more under his skin that she already is. Will he succeed and lose Gina forever or will she prove more resistant than he initially thought. 

What did I like about this book:
I liked the banter between Killian and Gina. They had chemistry. I also liked that Gina grew some backbone and didn't fall for his tricks. 
I liked the side characters as well. They were interesting. 

I liked reading this book but I didn't love it. I'm not sure on how to explain why. There wasn't really anything wrong with the story, I just didn't feel it. 

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment