Sunday, July 22, 2018

Review "Blaze by Suzanne Wright"

Defeat the enemy. Win the boy. Live happily ever after.

But life "ever after" isn't as easy as it used to be. Harper's gone from being a member of a small demon lair to co-Prime of one of the most powerful lairs in the US with a mate who, though hot as hell, is just a mite overprotective - I mean, you get kidnapped by dark practitioners just once . . .

Then one of Knox's demons goes rogue, and in his madness decides Knox Thorne must die.

Harper's worried. Knox isn't - at least until he discovers his mate's willingness to get between him and danger. Now, Knox has a new priority: Keep Harper safe . . . no matter what it takes.

But Harper begins to suspect there's more danger than one rogue demon. It seems the combined strength of Harper and Knox has upset the balance of power in the demon world and there are those who are determined to right that wrong.

Because when you move up the food chain, sometimes the other predators just want to take a bigger bite.



Title: Blaze (Dark in you #2)
Author: Suzanne Wright
Publisher: Piatkus
Amount of Pages:368
Genre: Adult, Fantasy, Romance

Date Read: 1st:  2nd: 14-07-2018 - 19-07-2018

Favorite Quote: “Don’t beat yourself up about being a nut job. Facebook’s made stalkers out of us all.” 

“That’s just what it means to love someone. They can hurt you worse than anyone, but they can also make you happier than another person ever could.”

Review:
I liked this book. I was looking forward to reading more about Knox and Harper. I want to see them develop more. I love Harper, she is hilarious, strong and resilient. I liked that she doesn't give into Knox every demand. She doesn't cower to him, she stands her ground. I liked that about her.
I liked seeing ab it of a change in Knox as well, you can tell that Harper really changed his life. 

What is this book about:
Harper and Knox are still in a relationship, many are excited for them and things are going well. But not everybody is excited for them. The Horsemen are still out there, wanting to see the primes fall. As Knox's mate Harper is his only weakness, a weakness the horseman are trying to use against him, to kill him. They didn't account for Harper's own strength and power. As she anchors Knox and makes him stronger, he does the same for her. 
One of the horsemen is determent to take out Harper, for personal reasons also....

What did I like about this book:
I like seeing Harper and Knox together. They are a great couple, oh so hot and very entertaining. I love Harper, as I said above.
I really liked the side characters as well, Devon and Tanner's banter. Tanner in particular, he's a funny but loyal person. I have feeling Keenan and Khloe will be great together! I like Knox's other sentinels, Levi and Larkin. I hope they get their own books some day. 
I also like Harpers other friends, Raini
All the side characters are just as important to the plot as the MC are and that makes for a well rounded story.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment