Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Review "Bad Days by A.S. Kelly

Advanced Readers Copy

Jason Lee is the friend everyone would like to have. He’s loyal, sensitive and generous and kind to those he loves. He has dedicated himself completely to his work at the pub that he manages with his friends, who have by now become a second family to him. He is trying to make sense out of a life that is damaged by loss and pain, closing himself into his safe haven of a world that is far removed from his previous suffering, and he is determined not to lose any more than he already has.

Alex McBride returns to Dublin, having been away for five years. She finds her old house, goes to places familiar to her when she grew up there with her friends, but nothing is like it used to be. Coming back is never easy, especially if your absence is responsible for the slow destruction of someone else’s life, someone you had hoped to forget but who actually remained exactly where he was, like an open wound that continues to bleed.

Jason and Alex find each other together again after a long separation: they’ve been friends, confidants and conspirators but now they’re forced to reconcile a past that has never stopped hurting and a future impossible for them to live out together, because there’s something that could separate them, and this time, they might be parted forever.



Advance Readers Copy
 


Title: Bad Days (Four Days #3)
Author: A.S. Kelly
Publisher: unknown
Amount of Pages: 320
Genre: Romance

Date Read: 24-07-2018

Favorite Quote: / 

Review:
I want to start my review by saying thank you to the author for granting me a chance to read and review this book. I haven't read anything by this author before, and it was after finishing this book that I realized it was part of a series. Perhaps if I read the other books in this series, it would have changed my view a little. 

What is this book about:
This book is about Jason and Alex, they where childhood friends and known eachother for a long time. They have loved each other since forever but neither had said anything about it. One day something happened that caused the friends to split. They haven't seen eachother in 5 years and now Alex is back. Jason isn't about to let her slip through his fingers again. He is desperate to right the wrong he made 5 years ago. But things aren't as easy. You see Alex is sick, she has something called Long Q-T syndrome which causes her to have a irregular heart beat. She needs almost constant monitoring because he heart could slow down so much that it would kill her or speed up above acceptable heart rate. She is to avoid anything that stresses her out and that makes Jason so dangerous for her. 

What did I like about this book:
It breaks my heart to say this but the more I read about this book, the less I started to like it. I liked the beginning, I was very curious to see what happend and where the story was heading. I found Alex's condition very interesting because I love Cardiology. 
But sadly that's where it stops. There where intriguing bits through out the story but there where many times I rather stop reading. The fact that I kindly received this arc is what made me continue reading. I found Alex and Jasons very whiny, they constantly went back and forth. There was to much dialogue in my opinion,repeated dialogue in my opinion and not enough happening. That caused the story to feel dragged out to me. 
Like I said above, i haven't read the first two book in the series, if I had maybe I would've be able to connect more with the characters. The author did a good job re introducing the characters and giving a quick explanation of what happened so that really helped. 

I think this story and the authors writing style just aren't for me. Please don't judge this book based on my review alone. Just because I didn't like it, means you won't either. 
I'm really sorry because I know the author puts hard work into writing her books but I just couldn't with this one. 

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment