Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Review "Defenseless by Corinne Michaels

* ARC provided in exchange of an honest review*

My life is a secret.
His life is dangerous.
We’re both stubborn, calculating, and controlling.
Mark Dixon doesn’t know what he’s getting into. He doesn’t know his games could cost us our lives. I have to do what is necessary to keep us alive, and that means guarding my heart.
But I know I’m defenseless against him, and in the end, he’ll force me to surrender.










Review
I liked this book but I felt like I missed something. I know this book is about mark. His character was introduced, like all the other characters, in the other books in this series. Which I didn't read.  So for me to love it, I think I have to read the first books and then re-read this one again. Don't get me wrong it wasn't like I didn't understand a thing but I personally needed a bit more information about the world and the other characters.

What is this book about
Well this book is about Mark and Charlie. Mark is an former Navy Seal. After being discharged he wanted a job with more action and thrill so you guess what he does.
Charlie is a CIA agent, born to do that job. Her father was a CIA agent right until he got killed.
Charlie and Mark met on one of marks missions. They hit it off right away but soon after they met charlie had to go away on a secret mission. Now charlie is back and things aren't going well for her, and she needs mark to help her.  Nothing scared Charlie more than needing, trusting mark and letting him in. Which frustrates mark to death.
There are some shady things going on at the CIA, people getting killed. Mark and Charlie want to get to the bottom of it but at what cost?

What did I like about this book 
I liked the chemistry between Mark and Charlie. They really fit well together.
I really loved mark! He was so funny and charming. But also a  true alpha male hahaha.
I liked charlie as well. She was a bit stubborn but a very strong girl and that is very admirable.
The side characters in this book where great as well. There were allot of them so it was hard for me to keep track of them all.

Overall this was a great and entertaining read!

No comments:

Post a Comment