Saturday, February 6, 2016

Review "Fighting Solitude by Ali Martinez"

* ARC provided in exchange of an honest review* 

 I was born a fighter. Abandoned by my parents, I spent my life forging my own path—one guided by my fists and paved with pain. 

Untouchable in the ring, I destroyed everyone who faced me, but that’s where my victories ended. Outside the ropes, I repeatedly failed the few people who loved me. Including my best friend, Liv James—the one person I’d die to protect.

Even though I didn’t deserve her, Liv never stopped believing in me. Never gave up. Never let go. After all, she understood what I’d lost, because she’d lost it too.

Liv was everything to me, but she was never truly mine.

That was going to change.

I lost my first love, but I refused to lose my soulmate.

Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life.
Fighting to be the man she deserves.
Fighting the solitude of our pasts.
Fighting for her.
Review
I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't put it down, I just had to keep reading it. I think in order for me to really enjoy and get it I had to read the first two books in this series but It didn't keep me from understanding it. They other characters got introduced properly, there just were allot of them.  

What is this book about. 
This book is about Quarry and Liv. There were best friends since they were like 10 years old. Both of them had some rough things happen to them in their past but they always had each other. 
Quarry is a good fighter, his brother even made it as a pro boxer. Quarry is dead set on following in his footsteps. 
Liv is such a great girl. She is very funny and witty. I really enjoyed her character. 
After a big fight Liv and Quarry where apart from each other for three years. After learning that Quarry is losing his hearing and is almost deaf, liv ran back to Quarry to support him. Only wanting to run away again when she finds out that Quarry has a girlfriend. Only Quarry isn't planning on letting Liv go and Quarry's girlfriend isn't either. She and liv become great friends and even live together for a while. Everything is going well until Quarry's girlfriend dies unexpectedly. 
After that Liv and Quarry grow closer than they ever where. They even moved in together. One day Quarry realizes he loves Liv and that he was in love with her all along. He knows that Liv isn't his, yet. And he'll do whatever it takes to make her his.  

What did I like about this book.
I liked Liv and Quarry's dynamic. It was really great. They are really funny together. I fell in love with Quarry when he was trying so hard to get liv to admit she has feelings for him and for her to be his. I understood why Liv was apprehensive. She felt like she was having an affair behind her best friends (Quarry's ex girlfriends) back.  I really wanted them to be together. They make a great pair. 

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I really want to read the other books in this series and then come back to this one again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment