Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Review "Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan"

"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?"

In the affluent town of Weslyn, Connecticut, where most people worry about what to be seen in and who to be seen with, Emma Thomas would rather not be seen at all. She’s more concerned with feigning perfection—pulling down her sleeves to conceal the bruises, not wanting anyone to know how far from perfect her life truly is. Without expecting it, she finds love. It challenges her to recognize her own worth―at the risk of revealing the terrible secret she’s desperate to hide. 

One girl’s story of life-changing love, unspeakable cruelty, and her precarious grasp of hope: Reason to Breathe is the first installment of the acclaimed Breathing Series.


Review
I really have a thing for "broken"characters and their path to finding them self. And boy is this girl broken. This is a story about a person taking all the can handle and hitting rock bottom, to heal a bit, find love only to fall back down and realize that rock bottom wasn't even the lowest you can fall. 

What did is this book all about?
This book is about Emma Thomas. Emma lives with her aunt and uncle. For some unknown reason Emma's aunt really hates her. And I mean really really really hates her. Emma's aunt is cruel and very physical and emotional abusive. 
Emma meets Evan Mathews one day and she can't figure out why evan wants to get to know her. She doesn't feel like she has anything to offer him and with her secret she just can't trust him. Evan does't give up he just wants to know emma. Little by little emma open up to evan, only to a certain point though.  But will emma's aunt get in the way of emma finding happiness or will emma find a way to fully open up to even and her friend and get out of a toxic environment. 
Sometimes love isn't enough if you just can't love yourself......

What did I like about this book
It was a really intriguing story. It really kept me glued to my ereader. I just had to know what's happening next.  I really wanted to know how emma heal only to find out for emma it isn't that easy. 

The story was oke, a bit jumpy at time. Like it went from one point to the other, to the next etc in just a view pages/chapters. The story didn't flow together all the time.  Over all I really enjoyed it. 

Oh also be aware of a major major cliff hanger. I figured out what was going to happen  in the other books in this series by reading reviews and decided that I wouldn't read them because I read some things that I don't think I'd like. It doesn't seem like the story will be less jumpy. I'm happy with what I found out. I know how this series will end and for me that's enough for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment