Sunday, July 17, 2016

Review "The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott"

Emily McCarthy is living in fear of a dark and dangerous past. A gifted mathematician, she is little more than a hollow, broken shell, trying desperately to make ends meet long enough to finish her degree. 

Through an unlikely friendship with the aging, cantankerous owner of an old boxing gym, Em is thrown into the path of the most dangerous man that she has ever met.

Cormac “the Hurricane” O’Connell is cut, tattooed and dangerous. He is a lethal weapon with no safety and everyone is waiting for the mis-fire. He’s never been knocked out before, but when he meet Em he falls, HARD. Unlike any other girl he’s ever met, she doesn’t want anything from him, but just being around her makes him want to be a better person. 

They are polar opposites who were never meant to find each other, but some things are just worth the fight.


Review
I really looked forward to reading this book. I met the author a couple of times and the blurb sounded really great. 
I really liked the beginning of the book. It was good, intriguing and mysterious. I really liked the characters. They are good people. But after I got through half of the book it felt a bit flat for me. It was a bit to much of the same and a bit to much focus on the insta love thing. The insta love wasn't as bad and insta as some books, it was good actually. It felt like the book climbed up fast but then the line stayed flat. 
Overall I enjoyed this book but I hoped for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment