Saturday, July 23, 2016

Review "Pennies by Pepper Winters"

“At 18 I had pennies, but money didn’t make me bold. At 19 I had dollars, but it didn’t dull the pain of being sold. At 20 I had hundreds, but then I met him and was found. At 21 I had thousands, but all I wanted was to be bound.”

“At 23 I had dollars, but life changed and made me rich. At 25 I had hundreds, but it wasn’t enough to stop my killing itch. At 27 I had thousands, but my reputation didn’t set me free. At 29 I had millions, but I met her and could finally see.”

Tasmin was killed on her 18th birthday. She had everything planned out. A psychology degree, a mother who pushed her to greatness, and a future anyone would die for. But then her murderer saved her life, only to sell her into a totally different existence.

Elder went from penniless to stinking rich with one twist of fate. His lifetime of crime and shadows of thievery are behind him but no matter the power he now wields, it’s not enough. He has an agenda to fulfill and he won’t stop until it’s complete.

But then they meet.

A beaten slave and a richly dressed thief. Money is what guided their separate fates. Money is what brought them together. And money is ultimately what destroys them.

She was poor.
He was rich.
Together…they were bankrupt.


Review
My god this book is just amazing! To me it isn't as dark as Tears of tess but it might still come. To me tears of tess was more explicit and graphic than this one.... or maybe I just gotten used to it I don't know. Anyway, how good is this book! I'm actually a bit mad at myself because now I have to wait for the second book. I wonder if I would be better of waiting for every book to be released before I started reading. Well the answer to that is maybe BUT then I wouldn't have met this strong and amazing girl prim, pimlico, Tasmin whatever, I think I'll stick with prim. Prim is one of the strongest characters I've ever met. She remained strong minded even though she could have broken down a long time ago. She kept something that is worth a whole dam lot, her voice.

What is this story about. 
This story is about  Prim, well Tasmin actually, but Tasmin hasn't been Tasmin for two years. Two years ago she was sold, beaten, raped, abused, tortured, humiliated, starved, killed only to be revived again. Two years ago Prim stopped speaking, she refused to give her capture that. He has taken everything from her but not her voice.
Prim isn't the only main character in this book, Elder is also one. Elder know what it's like to have nothing but he also know how to rise from that. He is a rich business man. I'm not exactly sure what he deals in, where he came from etc. We don't know much about him actually. Other than that he is tall, has very dark hair, has mixed blood, is hot as hell, has a live like dragon tattoo on his chest and  in his own words  "I'm not the hero in this story Pimlico. I'm another villain. You'd do best to remember that".
One day Prim meets Elder when he came at the house she's kept in to do business with her "master".  They connect. Even though she doesn't speak, they communicatie well. Elder is very very good at reading people.  Prim's master doesn't take this well and finds ways to make her pay.
Is elder willing to walk away from the girl that has stolen his intress, found a way to weasel in his thoughts.  And will prim be able to survive much longer in hell or will she find a way to end it all.  If she escapes will that mean freedom or will she find herself in the hands of another captor.

What did I love about this book.
I just adore Prim. Like I said before she is one of the strongest characters I've ever met. I find her inner strength admirable. How she managed to keep going, to remain alive is beyond me.
I like Elder, he is very mysterious. I really want to know more about him, about his past, what he does.
This book sucks you in at the first page and refuses to let you go even after you've finished. I think this serie will keep me hooked long after it finishes. Pepper Winters really is a queen of dark romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment