Monday, May 19, 2014

Bared to you by Sylvia Day

Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness… 

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily…

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds…and desires.The bonds of his love transformed me, even as i prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...



Review

I love this book, absolutely love it. It is amazing how you can see these character change right before your eyes. There is depth in them. Yes they can behave stupid and annoying sometimes but there also real.  

What is this story about
The two main characters Gideon and EVa both have horrible past. You do find out about Eva's past but not so much about Gideon's, except that it's probably horrible. 
The story starts off with Eva moving to New York City. She lives there with her best friend. Very handsome, bisexual, model, caring, idiot, with a dark past, guy names Cary.  
Eva starts working as an assistant at Crossfire company for the most amazing boss Mark. ( Don't ask me what kind of work she is doing and what kind of company it is, because I forgot) Mark is a relaxed, caring, helpful, and kind.   In the lobby she meets Gideon. He is sexy, hot, handsome, with the most amazing blue eyes and dark hair. But beneath all that Eva can see that he has darkness in his soul that is quite intimidating. 
What eva doesn't know that this tall, dark, dangerous , handsome guy is Gideon Cross, the boss of Crossfire.  
From the second they meet they have amazing sexual chemistry.  With Gidion being extremely blunt and very persuading they start off an relationship. But they do have rules. Gidion wants the no strings attached kind of fuck but Eva wants to have a bit of a connection. Alto they both agreed that they don't want to have a relationship they can't help but fall in love with each other.  
The both of them have major problems and they are both insecure in the new relationship

What did I love
Well first of I love Gidion. I really care for him and i'm very curious to know what happened to him. Knowing he has such night terrors really breaks my hart for him. Also I'm amazed by Eva, that even tho she has major insecurities and an horrible thing happen to her, she becomes stronger. She is a really strong person. 
I also love that the emotions felt real to me. They are crazy horny people but they still have there insecurities and that makes them real. I could really connect to him. 
I'm really curious about Cary's past and how he and eva met. I know they met at a group session but I would like to know some more about his past.  He seems like a really fun person but I get the feeling that he wasn't always like that.
Of course I really loved the sexual tension. Gidion sure knows how to talk dirty. 

I can't wait to read more about Gidion and Eva. I do hope, with this series having 5 books instead of 3, that we find out about Gidions past soon. I also hope that this story doesn't become a drag.  I really hope the other books have the same intensity and story about them and that is doens't become a mayor filler till the end. That would really break my heart. This series has major potential and I hope the writer brings that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment