Monday, May 12, 2014

Tangled Series by Emma Chase

Tangled (Tangled, #1)Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed? 

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating. 

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life? 

Can Drew Evans win at love? 

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.


Review

I love it. It is amazing, hilarious, funny, sexy, witty, strong and just plain awesome. I enjoyed Drews inner monologue and tips and stuff.  I love how handsome, smart, funny, caring and loving Drew is.  Yes he is a bit of a manwhore,  has enough confidence  and when he wants something he will get it. It's just the way it is for Drew. This book really got me excited, and full of energy. I could hardly sit still and read it. I walk around the house like a crazy person just because I was just to excited.  

Kate is smart, beautiful, strong, and she is a hard worker.   But beneath the smart successful finance worker is a funny, outgoing women who also wants some excitement in her life. She just doesn't know and doesn't admit or wants it to be drew but she will be up for a surprise.  Kate can also be stubborn as heel, as is drew for that matter. 
But when Drew gets out the big guns to win over her heart. She might be a bit to stubborn. Or maybe it's just me. I would have given in a long time ago hahaah.

 I liked dee-dee (delores) a lot. She could be scary as hell. Don't get me wrong.  But she is a strong good friend for Kate.  She really stands up for kate, and looks out for her best interest. She really gives drew a run for his money. 

I don't think much about billy. He just doesn't give much of an impact. He was just there, sometimes, just nothing.  Bit of a douch really. 

I love alexandra aka the bitch. She is a strong caring women. And she doesn't but up with shit. It's amazing.  I also love her daughter. She is so danm cute. I love how drew is around her. He is an awesome uncle. 

I can really understand why this book won the Goodreads choice award 2013, it is amazing. It is light, funny but also has character development and depth in the story. It has serious moments and really really sexy moments as well. 

Twisted (Tangled, #2)There are two kinds of people in the world. The ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I’ve always been more of a looker. Cautious. A planner. That changed after I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself – and of me.

But not all love stories end happily ever after. Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset? Join the club. Now I have to make a choice, the most important of my life. Drew already made his –in fact, he tried to decide for the both of us. But you know that’s just not my style. So I came back to Greenville. Alone. Well, sort of alone....

What I've come to realize is that old habits die hard and sometimes you have to go back to where you began, before you can move ahead.


Review

OMG OMG, they are such frustrating people. I mean it. So many problems could have been avoided if they just talked to each other instead of immediately suspecting the worse and act on it.  Really there both stubborn ass hell.  They really got me frustrated. 

I love the beginning, they were happy and perfect together. They are so much alike.  I liked that it was in Kate's point of view. She really sounds like drew ahahah. But I kind of missed drews point of view to. That's why I really liked that there was some of drews point of view in the end. I love seeing inside his head. To know what he thinks.

I really hate to admit it but I skipped the parts when Kate and Drew were apart. I know shame on me. I will read it later but I just needed to know they would be alright. I just couldn't help myself. It hurt to read about them being hurt. 

That's how good emma writes. You just can't help but care and feel what they feel.  And me being inpatient I just had to skip ahead. 

I'm glad they worked it out int the end. I twas la just a misunderstanding that could have been avoided by talking to each other. 

Something I just didn't understand ( MAJOR SPOILER, DON'T READ IF YOU DON' T WANT TO KNOW)




Why the hell would kate live on her own when she and drew just made up. When she's pregnant. If she wasn't pregnant I would have understood but she's pregnant.  What does she wants to prove. I didn't get it but it worked for her and for them, so that's good. 







No comments:

Post a Comment