Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Bully by Penelope Douglas

Bully (Fall Away, #1)My name is Tate. He doesn't call me that, though. He would never refer to me so informally, if he referred to me at all.

We're neighbors, and once, we were best friends. But then, one summer, he turned on me and has made it his mission to screw up my life at every opportunity. I've been humiliated, shut out, and gossiped about all through high school. His pranks and rumors got more sadistic as time wore on, and I made myself sick trying to hide from him. I worried about what was around every corner and behind every door. 

So I left.

I spent a year studying abroad and bathed in the freedom of life without Jared. Now I'm back to finish up high school and get the hell out of here forever. I'm hoping that after a year of breathing room, he's moved on and forgotten all about me. 

But even if he hasn't changed, I have. I'm not interested in avoiding him or turning the other cheek anymore. We're going to go head to head, because neither of us wants to back down


Review
I really liked this book. I was really curious why jared acted the way he did. I thought Tate was really strong but I think the thought that she has to be strong and stand up for herself made her a bit to mean sometimes and she started to become a bit of a bully herself. 
I really tried to dislike jared but I just couldn't. I mean I do think that he took things way to far and was really cruel but I just couldn't hate the guy. I just wanted to understand him. 
After Jared came clean about his past, I understood it better but I thought why would you bully her. I don't completely understand. 
I think Tate handled Jared the way she thought was best but sometimes she did overreact a bit and was suspicious. Which I understand of course, I mean if someone did that to me I would be suspicious as hell. 
I'm really excited to read this book in Jareds point of view and get the change to really be inside his head. Maybe I can understand him better. 

I thought K.C was a bit of a, well I don't know, I wouldn't do the thing she did to Tate to my best friend no mater how charming the guy was. You just don't do that to the person you claim to be is yr best friend. She knew what Jared did to her. 

I thought Madoc was charming. I don't understand why he did the things to Tate but I think he is a good friend to Jared. He really has his back no mater what. I don't know if I would led my friend punch me or do the things they asked me to do but still i'm curious for his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment