Sunday, May 4, 2014

This man Series by Jodi Ellen Malpas

This Man (This Man, #1) Young interior designer Ava O’Shea has an appointment for a first consultation at The Manor with the owner, Mr Jesse Ward. She is expecting nothing more than an overweight, cravat wearing, well-to-do countryman, and on arrival, nothing would suggest otherwise. How wrong could she be? This Man is devastatingly handsome, charming and confident. He is also a conceited, hedonistic playboy, who knows no boundaries. Ava desperately does not want to be attracted to him, but she can’t control the overwhelming affect he has on her. Every instinct is telling her to run, so she does, but Jesse Ward is not so willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her. She knows she is heading for heartbreak, but how can she run when he won’t let her?

Beneath This Man (This Man, #2) Jesse Ward drowned her with his intensity and blindsided her with his passion, but he kept her away from his dark secrets and broken soul. Leaving him was the only way Ava O'Shea could survive. She should have known that Jesse Ward is impossible to escape--and now he's back in her life, determined to remind her of the sensual pleasures they had shared. Ava is equally determined to get at the truth beneath this man's steely exterior. That means letting herself get close to the Lord of the Manor once more. And it's exactly where Jesse wants her--within touching distance...


This Man Confessed (This Man, #3) The Manor, the very place where their passionate love affair began, fills with guests on what should be the happiest day of Ava and Jesse's lives. She has accepted that she'll never tame the fierceness in Jesse-and she doesn't want to. Their love is profound, their connection powerful, but just when she thinks that she's finally gotten beneath his guarded exterior, more questions arise, leading Ava to believe that Jesse Ward may not be the man she thinks he is. He knows too well how to take her to a place beyond ecstasy . . . but will he also drive her to the brink of despair? It's time for this man to confess



Review. 


So I will write one review for these three books. I was to excited to stop and write a review after each book so I thought fuck it, I will just write one. 


I heard allot about this book. Especially about the sexual tension. And dayum there was sexual tension alright. It even made me breathless. I have to be honest. I didn't love Jesse at first. Oke he was freaking hot but the dominating controlling nature of his was a bit over the top. It would have suffocated me. I just didn't understand why. The reason I kept reading after the first books was, one because I wanted to know how old Jesse was, and second I was a bit curious and the writer is coming to Edinburgh so I have to read it.   I don't know If I could put up with someone who is trying to control me on every aspect off my life.  I felt myself comparing it with capturing a wild singing bird because you find it pretty and lock it up in a cage and find the bird tame and not singing anymore. I has lost the thing you find pretty and it has been smothered. You practically killed it. I was worried that, that's was the way the story was headed but danm thank god for eva's stubbornness and love for that man. It is obvious they love each other. 


So the first book isn't my favorite. I loved the sexual tension but didn't liked the dominating overbearing stuff and I also didn't think that there was much depth in the story. All they seemed to do was fight and fuck and have more sex and more and more and more.  I don't mind it but that and the dominating stuff was a bit monotone.  Overall I really enjoyed that book and it has also showed me that age is just a number and it doesn't matter as long as you love the person.  And I really didn't see that ending coming. Just like eva I didn't see the signs. That man has allot of secrets.


I really enjoyed the second book more. Yes there was still allot of sex, fights and more sex but we also found out more about Jesse.  I liked the two of them together. I also like kate and sam. Tho Kate can be stubborn ass hell about here feelings for sam. Which were obvious to me, and probably to everyone but Kate but oke.

I'm really happy to found out that eva still wouldn't give in to Jesse's absurd and unreasonable demands. At least she tried. That man solves everything with sex but i'm glad that she got her point across and forced information out of him. That man just won't open up and i'm starting to understand why. 

the last books was really my favorite book. We finally know all the secrets that jesse's been hiding and I bravo eva for being as strong as she is and handling everything.  I loved how everything played out and that I finally understand Jesse. And I just don't like him anymore, I have fallen in love with him. Even tho I still wouldn't bare the overbearing, I think. I'm not sure. 


I really really really adore eva for her strength. I seriously don't know if I could handle all the shit jesse put her threw. The things he did just so he could keep her. It bothered me somehow. It isn't like eva is an object you can keep she's a person and she really tried to make him see that. I just didn't understand why he was so worried, why he needed to protect her, i couldn't see what he needed to protect her from but now I do understand. And i'm glad we got  a reason. I don't agree with everything he's done but I understand it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment