Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Archer's voice by Mia Sheridan

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.









REVIEW

5 stars for sure!!. I told myself the "I will read one more chapter before I go to sleep" lie so many times. I just couldn't put it down. The story was so captivating and the story so compelling. And Archer's my sweet sweet amazing Archer. That poor man had such a rough childhood and he became such a sweet man, and with help from bree he grew to his full potential. He just needed someone to be there for him, to root for him and tell him he isn't worthless and that his voice matters. Archer has a very powerful voice, he just needed to learn how to use it. 

What is this story about
The story begins with Bree running away from home after a series of very traumatizing events that has left her with PTSD. She decides to settle in a quiet town called pelion. She hopes that she can find some peace there.  Every morning Bree has horrible flashbacks to the horrible night that took everything from her. She hopes that moving away from her hometown will help her heal.
           One day she meets a different yet attractive stranger after dropping her toiletries, chocolate and to make matters worse tampons on the street. The guy has long hair that is in desperate need of a haircut and a big beard that could use some trimmings. The thing is, the guy didn't say a word. After talking to some of the locals Bree finds out who the mystery guy is and also learns some of his horrible past. Due a car accident, Archer lost his voice. 
           After a lovely afternoon on the beach, Phoebe; Bree's god, decides to run threw the open fence surrounding Archer's home. After some awkward conversations Bree and Archer become friends and slowly become something more.  Bree knows sign language because her father was deaf. That's how the communicate, even tho Archer can hear just fine. 
           The thing is, Archer isn't the only one that is interested in bree, his jackass of a cousin Travis is too. He is part of Archer's past that could stand in Bree and Archer's way. 

What did I love about this book.
This book really shows people that even with disabilities there still people and there voices are worth hearing.  This book also represent healing and that everything is possible. 
          I really loved archer, he was such a good guy. He just lacked experience with everything. He just doesn't know any better. Bree really helps him and really sees him for him.   And those sex scenes they where a mixture of adorable and freaking hot, and later one the become just hot. I mean things got really steamy. 
At some point Mia really really scared me. You'll know what chapter I'm talking about when you get there. I mean why would you end a chapter like that and begin the next one with something like that. It scared the loving daylight out of me, my heart was pounding in my chest, I just couldn't help but cover my mouth and stare at the book. I was just frantic to read on, thinking this can't be happening, oh please god no. Don't worry it will be fine but that moment sure took some years of my live. I'm sure I have a grey hair somewhere. And after finishing I was still so worked up I couldn't sleep!!!
       I also liked the side characters. They brought some live into the story without taking the focus of the main characters.  
Overall I just really loved the story. Mia Sheridan has a great way of telling a story 


There where a view things that did bother me a bit. So what I'm about to say, may contain spoilers so be warned!!!!!

After having a great melt down and Archer comforting her, bree seems to have no problems with flashback and such afterward. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that she doesn't have them anymore but It just seemed very fast and sudden and from experience I know it doesn't go that fast. At least for me it doesn't. 
           Also at some point Bree's neighbor, I believe her name was Ann, got a heart attack and you never really found out how she is afterward. We get a hint that she's alive but that's it. 

Not a bad thing but still a spoiler: I'm happy for archer that he took some time to work on himself, to learn to love him self but I'm sad for Bree that she was hurting so much. I got why he did it, I even support him. He really needed to do that, but maybe the way he did it. Leaving for like 3 months, only leaving a note. Not taking his cellphone, not giving at least an update that he's alive was very hart for Bree. I kind of understood but I got it. In the end I'm glad he did it for him.  I mean how can he love someone else without loving himself. I know he loves bree so much but he had to learn to love himself as well. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment