Friday, May 1, 2015

Entice by Rachel van Dyken

“As burns this saint, so burns my soul. I enter alive, and I will have to get out dead.”

Chase Winter let the love of his life slip through his fingers and into the hands of his best friend and mafia boss of the Abandanato family. Now that he's been given a second chance to right a wrong--he refuses to let his own selfishness stand in the way. The only problem? He's not fully in possession of his heart, so when Mil De Lange, the girl who's innocence he stole, and heir to the worst of the worst mafia families in the US, asks him for a favor. He actually says yes, not realizing that that one yes has the power to destroy them all. 

Mil's been in love with Chase as long as she can remember, but as the years went by, the love turned to hate, and now that he's agreed to help her, she's wondering if she made a fatal error. Because Chase isn't a teenager anymore. He's a hot blooded male, bent on owning every part of her body and soul, and willing to kill anyone in his path who dares stand in the way. 
It's time for secrets to finally be revealed...but make no mistake, it's going to take a lot of bloodshed for those truths to be discovered.

You've never read a New Adult Mafia story like this before...loyalties will be tested, lovers reunited, and friendships obliterated. Welcome to the Family. Blood in--No out. 

REVIEW

Now I'm mad at myself for not reading this book sooner. I thought I wouldn't like it because I didn't like chase to much at the end of elect, but I must say I like him way better with mill. With Trace he was thinking more about himself lusting after trace than actually loving her. And with mill he was more focused on her, and what he like about her. And for once the person he was with, was actually liking him and looking at the real him. And I really liked that. 

Trace and nixon felt different in this book. Nixon I still loved, he was more badass, ad bit of an ass but still him. But I felt like Trace changed completely. She seemed more like a mafia princess now. I could tell the mafia life chanced her, not always for the best. In the beginning she did something, and I thought why would you do that but at the end I understood. And I didn't always liked her bitchy attitude and her grabbing her gun every time, on the other hand I did like seeing her stand up for herself but she came across... I don't know. She was just different. More of an hard ass and I guess she needs to be in the life she has. 

I really liked mill, she is such a tough girl, while not being cold. She had a shitty life but she never lost hope of love and someone saving her. I think that she owes that to phoenix being hell bend on protecting her. I'm really starting to like him allot more. He deserved so much better. 

I do think that the love grew a bit fast between chase and mill but that also showed that what he felt for trace wasn't truly love. 

I'm really curious in tex. His characters goes way deeper than you'd think. He is a funny, easygoing, but he's the kind of guy you really don't wish to piss of. And you really want to have in your corner. 


So what is this book about.

Well this story is about mil and chase 
















The story is written in mill, and chase's point of view. There are some chapters in Nixon's, tex and one in mo's point of view. The story begins at where Elect ended. Chase is getting married to mill. Even tho Chase is still in love with Trace. Or so he thinks. Mill is keeping some big secrets, she might look tough as nails on the outside, and is on the inside, she is also just a girl. A girl with a messed up past, that is trying to save not only herself but also her family name. She became a mafia boss in a tough world where staying alive is difficult. It's even harder when you fall in love. 

Chase is trying to move on and accept his life with mill. Getting over someone you love is hard, even harder when that person is with your best friend and when you're in the mafia. 

This book is full of action, murder and mafia business but also love and lust. This book really shows the hard and tough side of the guys. 

So this is how I envision the crew. I always find it hard to find pictures of people that look like that characters, the ways I see them in my head. And I don't always remember the way they were described in the book hahah

Nixon 

Description: Tall, muscular, lip ring, tattoos, dark hair, light eyes 






















Tracey 


Description: Dark hair I believe it was golden brown, dark eye I believe brown, tight stomach, beautiful






































Chase 


Descrition: Dark hair, green eyes, muscular, tattoos, 











































Mill


Description: dark hair, beautiful









































Tex


Description: blue eyes, multi colored (blonde) hair,


























Mo 


Description: can't remember but I think dark hair, beautiful and I think light eyes. 



































Phoenix 

Very handsome, mysterious, dark,  especially when he laughs. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment