Saturday, May 2, 2015

Wanted by Kelly Elliott

Verbally abused by her mother for years, 18 year old Ellie Johnson always believed she would never be loved or wanted by anyone. She focused all of her attention on her grades and getting into the University of Texas to start a new life away from her mother.

The last thing Ellie expected was to fall in love with Gunner Mathews, a starting linebacker for the University of Texas football team and not to mention, her brothers best friend. 

Gunner only had two passions in life, football and his grandfather’s ranch, until he falls for his best friends little sister. He will stop at nothing to show Ellie how much he wants her, even if it means he has to move faster than she would like. 
Gunner knows they are meant to be together forever, but Ellie keeps denying her feelings out of fear of being hurt again. 

Every time he gets close to winning her love, something pushes her away again. Will Ellie ever be able to let go of the past and let him into her heart and will Gunner be patient enough to wait for her?



REVIEW

what do I think about this book. 
I really liked the concept of the story. And I was excited to read it. There were some things that bothered me threw ought this book. There was little to no depth to the side characters. I wish I would knew some more about them but maybe that's the point so I will read the other books haha. 

I liked the romance between Ellie and Gunner but I thought it started of quick and I'm not sure that possible. I mean they were almost like I love you from the second they saw each other. But after that they took it slow and I liked that. They really grew towards each other. And I love that Gunner really waited for her and give her the time she needed. 

I really liked ellie and I felt horrible to know what happened to her and what she went threw. And I can totally understand why she was so insecure and guarded. And I'm happy she likes someone like gunner. They are perfect for each other. What I also liked was that they weren't all good and happy. But they got into fights and stuff so that made it more real. I didn't like to see gunner hurt tho. Don't get me wrong but it made it feel more real. 
description

description

I really loved Gunner. He was everything Ellie needed. He was handsome, patient, caring, loving, amazing and he's just a great guy. He really put Ellie first. The downside to that was that because of ellie's insecurities and past ( which aren't all her fault, I mean her mother destroyed her) he got hurt a view time. 

description

description


I liked arie, Allie's best friend. She was really cheerfull and outgoing and she seems like an awesome best friend. I felt sorry for her that Jeff was such a jerk towards her all the time. When it was obvious that they liked each other. I was so happy when they worked threw it. Arie is a really strong girl and I really like her. I want to read more about her and jeff. She deserves to be happy. 

description

I liked Jeff most of the time. He was a really good brother to allie and he totally cares about her. But he was a real jerk to Arie. And he just kept hurting her. What also bothered me that we never got to know where he got his money from. Not really. I would have like some depth to the story about this. 

description


I liked most of the story but some things just didn't add up. For example Ellie was hearing her mothers quote in her head about no one will ever love her. And it looked like she was about to have a mental break down. Because this made her insecure she pushed Gunner away without letting him explain. She got in an accident and after that she and gunner were totally fine and she never heard the voice again. And I was like wait what. How is this just fine, the f*ck happened. It felt a bit rushed for me. 
I also didn't like some of Ellie's jealous behavior. I understood it but at some point I was like, come on the guy proved that he loves you over and over again. Give him some benefit of the doubt.

I also heard some people complain about the grammar. I didn't see it nor did it bother me. 

Over all I enjoyed this book. I loved gunner. I liked how there relationship turned out. I also love the way gunner helped Ellie push threw her fears and he was always there for her. She was lucky to find him and she makes him happy, so i'm good :D
Yes there were things that I didn't like but it didn't ruin the book for me so I will give it 3.5/ 4 stars. It wasn't amazing, it isn't my fav but I enjoyed it. And I want to read more about Arie and Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment