Saturday, May 2, 2015

The Clann Series by Melissa Darnell

Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.
For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences.
REVIEW
I don't quite know what to say about this book. I didn't feel the love for this book like I do with some stories. That I have a longing for it, it's hard to explain but sometime a story sucked you in with the first letter and sometimes you have to learn to love it. 
That's what happened with this book for me. I didn't love it right of the bat, i didn't really understand everything, but every time it thought well maybe i have to look for something else to read I kept thinking about it and i wanted to read more about it even tho I didn't quit love it.

I think i'm out growing the 14,15 16 year old characters but still i did like this story. 
It had a with different view of vampires altho there origin stayed the same. 

I'am not gonna spoil anything but savanna and tristan starting to grow on me. Tristin doesn't come of in my mind as mind blowing handsome like Deamon did ( the main character in Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout) but he seemed cute and he really had true feelings for savanna. They have to go true a lot. Alto i don't quit agree with the fact that the parents of the children of the Clann said you can't be friends with savanna anymore because they said so and they never asked why or said to hell with you. It took Tristen like 5 years to do so but still. I'm not a true fan of those convens because I have the feeling of rebelling if I hear about this stuff. I'm not a person to do something just because my parents said so without a real reason. 

I was debating to give this book a 3 or 4 stars because i didn't loved it right of the bat but i really liked it in the end. so i gave it 4

Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart.

Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake.

Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for.

A reckoning is coming and not everyone will survive.

REVIEW
4.5 stars actually and i will tell you why. I like the growth savanna went throw in this book. She is becoming so strong and to completely try and cut tristan of because she loves him so much that she will sacrifice being miserable and never have the love of your live around to save him proves you have some amazing strength in you. Also she has a lot of guilt in her. won't spoil anything. 

I confess i didn't read all the pages as well as i should. I basically flipped threw them because i wasn't interested in the chit chat and the annoying high school bullies and stuff. I wanted to know about tristan and savanna and there lives. I know in big lines what happend but don't ask me about many tiny detail's. 

I really want to read the next book. I'd like to know where the relationship of savanna and tristan is going

No comments:

Post a Comment