Friday, May 1, 2015

Consequenses by Aleatha Roming

Every action has consequences. Waking in an unfamiliar bedroom in a luxurious mansion, Claire Nichols is terrified to discover that a chance encounter led her into the cruel hands of her abductor, Anthony Rawlings. Claire has no understanding of why she's there, but it's been made abundantly clear-she is now his acquisition and every action has consequences. Learn the rules to survive. Facing incomprehensible circumstances, Claire must learn to survive her new reality-every aspect of her livelihood depends upon the tall, dark-eyed tycoon who is a true master of deception. Driven by unknown demons, he has no tolerance for imperfection, in any aspect of his life, including his recent acquisition. Anthony may appear to the world as a handsome, benevolent businessman, but in reality Claire knows firsthand that he's a menacing, controlling captor with very strict rules: do as you're told, public failure is not an option, and appearances are of the utmost importance. Captivate the captor. To fit together the pieces of the puzzle, Claire must follow his rules. Will her plan work, or will Anthony become enthralled by Claire's beauty, resilience, and determination, changing the game forever? If that happens, will either of them survive the consequences? Nobody ever did or ever will escape the consequences of his choices

REVIEW

I won't promise not to spoil anything.

Well this book seemed promising. The summary was intriguing and this books was recommended to me by some friends off my. So I started it with high hopes. 
I'm not a big fan of the writhing style. It was written in the third person and it was very formal. But I could see past that if the story was good so I kept on reading. But even tho the story was disturbing in a way but it seemed boring to me. Maybe it was the writing style I don't know. 
I was also a bit shocked by Tony's age. I mean she is was 26/27 and he is 45 for god sake
I felt like Clair didn't know who she was, what she wants to do, she just felt... I don't know. She doesn't seem like a very strong person. She just put up with it and called it love when he was kind. She married the guy and claimed to be in love with him. It seemed a bit like a Stockholm syndrome to me. 
And don't get me started on the behavior from Tony and his staff. The staff keep claiming that Clair sees the good side of him, the side that nobody sees. Well jeah she saw a side that nobody sees for sure but it's isn't really good. I don't like him at all, and I don't like Clair. Maybe I would have liked her more when the story continues but right know I don't. She's just oke to me. 
And that ending. I mean that SOB , just send he to prison, claiming and supporting the murder charge against her. I didn't read all of it, half way threw I just flipped threw it to find something interesting to read so I didn't fully understand it but I didn't like what I read. 
I also feel like, for the book to be more 'disturbing", we would need more detail about the stuff Tony does to her. 
I also flipped threw the other to book, just because that ending got be a bit interested but I didn't understand it. And I didn't feel the need to read all of it so I don't think I will. Maybe i'm to young to like this so I might try it again later but I''m not sure. 

I really wanted this book to be great but I just couldn't focus on it. I hate, really hate to give a book a low rating but this book just didn't do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment