Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The consequence of loving colton by rachel van dyken

My name is Milo Caro and I have a confession to make.

I’ve been in love with Colton Mathews since I was five. He should have known that sharing a cookie with a sugar obsessed little monster would do the trick–it sealed his fate. So really, the fact that he’s sporting a black eye, a limp, almost got ran over by a car, and was nearly responsible for another person’s death? Right. HIs fault. Not mine. 

I made a pact with myself–this weekend would be different. I’d come home for my brothers wedding, smile, and Colton would naturally melt into my arms, we’d get married have five kids, live in a house by the river, and get a dog named scratch (clearly I’ve thought this through).

What really happened? I punched my brother in the face, Colton kissed me and apologized, I lied about having a boyfriend, oh and everyone wants to meet the mystery man. 

They say laughter always comes before insanity–ha, ha. All I wanted was my brother’s best friend…instead I’m sitting in prison. 

Let this be a lesson to you all…life rarely happens the way you want it to. 

Damn cookie

REVIEW


I'm not looking forward to writing this review because I thought I would love this book and I didn't. I had very high expectations of this book and it just wasn't quite there. I did like it allot but I just didn't love it. 

What is this book about. 
Well this book is a bit chaotic, there is allot of things going in, mostly at the same time or shortly after each other. This book is very fast paced. 
This book is about Milo, she had a crush on her brother Jason's best friend Colton. But he never saw her as anything more than the little sister of his friend, or so she thought. Right before Milo left for collage, she and Colton kissed (or almost kissed, I'm not sure what it was) and he called her Colton's sisters when his parents asked who was there. 

When Milo and Colton where younger, they and Jason would always play together and basiclly do everythign together. Milo and Colton always played princess and the dragon together where Colton would play the prince, who was saving the princess (Milo) from the dragon (also colton) 

View years later and Milo still isn't over Colton. She is coming home for her brothers wedding and she's planning to charm Colton's pants off. At least kiss the guy and make him see her in a new light. So things arn't going as planned at all. Milo and Colton do kiss but right after that Colton apologize to her. So milo came up with a fake story of her having a boyfriend (Max, who is her best friend at collage) 
So things go from worse to even more worse at Milo's lies continue to get bigger and bigger. 

At the same time Colton is strung with jealousy because of her 'relationship'with max but doesn't say anything because he's scared that Jason will get mad.  By the way colton is a 24(?) year old fire fighter and Jason is a cop. 

Jason is getting married to a girl named Jayne who basically is a manipulative shallow bitch with a very annoying laugh. 

There is a cougar grandma that loves to "molest"and be very very inappropriate with younger men. 

Max brother Reid is a Broadway actor and frankly put, I just think he was weird. He was called into the wedding party to help break Jayne and Jason up. 

 Uhm so we have Milo, Jason, Colton, and Max as the main characters and then there Reid, Grandma, Milo's parents, Jayne, and allot of other people that I don't remember.  There is allot of thing going on in this book. 

What did I like about this book. 
I liked the humor that was in it, it was very funny sometimes. I also like the sweet past between colton and Milo, I thought it was very sweet and cute. 
Some of the thing max said where very funny and I liked him. I still think he could be gay though haahha just the way he was, but also isn't. He does describe himself as metro sexual. 
There are some very unique characters in this book that cause unique situations that are quite funny.

Overall I liked this book but it was a bit to chaotic to my liking and sometimes it felt immature? I didn't feel like the characters where my age, +20. I also didn't like the molesting grandma, thought it was very disturbing that she would do things like that and everybody would let her.

I feel like if this book would slow down a bit and took it's time without cramming allot of stuff and things in one weekend, I would have love it. I just had to stop reading sometimes to process what the hell was going on and slow my brain down.  There where allot of "accidents", allot of ice-packs where needed, visits to jail and the hospital and what not. 

Oh how everybody treated the 'bride' after they learned the truth and the way she was! I have no words for it. She is a horrible shallow character. 

I also didn't feel much with how the relationship progressed between Milo and Colton, but maybe that's just me. That was also going to fast for me  SPOILER they went from friends from not talking to each other for years, to trying to make each other jealous to getting married, in just one weekend. I get that they loved and known each other for years, and that everything already was setup for a wedding but so I kind of get it but still SPOILER

Overall I thing this book was trying a bit to hard and there was just to much going on. I did like the idea very much and I liked the overall story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment