Saturday, May 2, 2015

Mad World Series by Christine Zolendz

I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one-night stand kind of a guy.

But, it doesn't matter to me because I've spent my existence looking for the love of my life, my angel. And, there is nothing that Shane Maxton can do to change that.








REVIEW

I am in love with this series, I love the combination of new adult, love, excitement, sexy sexy man, very steamy scenes, and paranormal. I mean that is the most amazing combination.  I think it's an unique story, at least I have yet to find one similar like this one. 

So what is this book about ( I'm not trying to spoil anything but I just might. So consider yourself warned) 

This book is about angels and fallen angels basically.  The story revolves around Grace. The thing is Grace is kind of immortal. She is the daughter of Noa, yes the noa.  In that time angels still visited the earth. Some of them hooked up with humans and as a result those angels where punished and the females and their children punished/killed.  Grace was in love with an angel called Samsiel. They never had sex, they just shared a simple kiss but Grace was punished for it. She was doomed to life live over and over again, being put in a new body over and over again. She never gave up searching for her angel. 

What did I love about this book. 
I liked the paranormal aspect of it.  And of course I loved Shane Maxton. Dear god, that man is like sex on a stick, I mean seriously. I do believe that Grace was a bit too stuburn but that might be me excitement and my inability to wait talking. I liked the banter between them, and the way Grace carried herself. She is a strong person and I like her.  What I didn't like about her was the instant judgment, and the fact that she just didn't really give Shane a change. Oke,  he doesn't have a clean record, and yes I'll have my judgment of-course but that doesn't mean you can't give the guy a decent chance. I think that Grace was also scared to give up Samsiel and really giving Shane a change because what should she do when he did chance. For her that might mean giving Samsiel up, and she was no were near ready for that in my opinion.  But danm women, can't you see how good the two of you are together.  
And that danm cliffhanger, like oh my freaking good!!!! 



After spending over 2,000 years being a lost soul looking for the angel I was forbidden to fall in love with, I finally found him. Lucky for me he has taken up residence inside the hot body of NYC’s local bad boy, tattooed rock star, Shane Maxton. Turns out, not only is he absolutely perfect, so is the whole Grace Taylor life that I’m stuck in. The only problem is Gabriel. An archangel who wants me all to himself so he kind of kidnaps me. Now I have to find my way back and hope everything works out…












REVIEW

How much I hate Raziel for being such a cunt, like aarggg. Quit messing with my couple and just count your losses and just know when to give up. Like really dude, you might judge us humans but you have more jelousy and anger than all of us combined!! well maybe not but it's pretty  danm close my friend. 

What is this book about. 
So we left of with Grace getting out of her coma and being torn about thinking that Samsiel just left her. Not knowing or believing that he's still there, SPOILER, that he is Shane SPOILER.  Poor shane is in prison for a crime he didn't commit but luckily her statement got him out. But she got drunk and stayed in the bang room, just sleeping nothing happened, but as she walks out, shane see's her. And ofcourse he is angry and upset. But then she get's angry and calls him an asshole for being angry. I mean like really girl. You judge him and call him what not if it happens to him , which didn't after he found grace, but she just doesn't believe him because it SEEEMS like he  did, so instead of trying to believe him, she accuses him and get angry, which is very very frustrating. 
So grace is still fighting her attraction to Shane but still not ready to give up samsiel  SPOILER not knowing that Shane is Samsiel all along and she doesn't have to give him up SPOLER
And on top of it all Raziel still hasn't pulled his head out of his ass and gave up, so we still have that to deal with. 
Not only isn't that enough, when it seems like Grace and Shane's relationship is going somewhere, some slutty girl band just had to show up and mess with it all. Making Grae jealous and pushing Shane away again.  But holy hell, when grace decided she had enough and decides to go and get the man she wants, that shot scene is so so hot. Like omg. Way to go girl!!
The frustrating, angst, love, sexy scenes, relationship development were all worth it because I really like there story. 

What did I like about this story.
I like the story line, I like the way things worked out. I loved shane and I liked Grace. I can't wait to read the story in Shane's point of view. I really want to get to know him more, find out how he saw things and how he felt.  The overall frustrating made me give the book 3/4 stars but I still enjoyed it very much. 
eventho I liked it I want to smack Grace in the head and tell her " indeed you should have seen that coming you idiot!!!! Now pull your head out of your ass and go already. Oh and stop being so blind".

"And shane if your really going to proof yourself to grace, keep your dick in your pants. And grace accept the fact already that shane loves you and his feelings are genuine danm you. Stop telling him what you think he's thinking or feeling". Oke at some point I did thought wow you really are a dickhead but I think him acting like an asshole is to hide the fact thats he hurt or feeling anything els. I also think that he is trying to make Grace jealous. Well its working but she won't tell you because shes stubborn.


Shane Maxton is front man for New York City’s popular rock band, Mad World. But he has secrets; he’s not what everybody thinks he is. He comes from an ancient world, from a different time, when angels walked among men. Read the story, through Shane’s eyes, of his forbidden love, his fall from grace and his inner turmoil from living with the irrational emotions of being human. 

Disclaimer #1: This is the story of Mad World Books 1 & 2, Fall From Grace and Saving Grace, written through the point of view of Shane Maxton. IT IS THE SAME Love STORY of Grace and Shane. It’s just Shane’s turn to tell it to you, it’s everything you’ve read before and a whole lot more. 
Disclaimer #2: This story contains rock and roll, angels doing naughty things, violence, cursing, drinking alcohol, substance abuse, sexual situations, and irritating scenes that will make you want to hurl your eReader or book out the window. It’s not suitable for anyone under the age of 18.





REVIEW
This is my favorite book in the story,  I really love shane more after reading this book. He really really tried his hardest for Grace, the poor guy just didn't know how. And grace not trusting him, didn't help at all. I can understand the girl but still I was just so impatient. 

I love, love this book.  I didn't love the first two books  as much as I did this one because I found Grace a bit frustrating but I love this book. 
I love reading in Shane's or Samsiel's point of view. I was right about him in the first two books. He is trying his best but he is just lost. He doesn't know what to do and no mater what he can't erase Shane's past and Grace can't look past it nor past her relationship with samsiel. I respect that she doesn't want anybody else but shamsiel but and that we know shane is samshiel but still. I felt bad for Shane. 

What is the story about
For those of you who haven't read the first book. The story is about a angel falling in love with a human. We are talking about biblical times. Pre Noah. The angels that had sex with female humans got pushed out of heaven. 
Shane aka Samshiel fell in love with Selah They shared one goodbye kiss. The angels were order to leave earth. But Samshiel was punished as bad as the others. He spent 2000 years in hell and was then cast out of heaven. He was pushed into the body of Shane Maxton. Shane believed that his one and only love had died and that she was in heaven. Shane tried everything he could to forget her. He kept up shane's whoring days. But then he saw a girl. A girl with the same grey eyes as Selah. He just couldn't forget her. He thought, hoped that this girl could make him feel again. But this girl Grace couldn't stand the sight of him. She thinks that all she is to shane is a one night stand, a good fuck. And no matter what shane does or says, she doesn't think other wise. To give Grace some credit, she is very loyal to samshiel and shane's actions sometimes speaks against him. But still there were many times that she just could believe what she saw and heard not what she things he meant or things he did. Which most of the times weren't true. And shane of course could just speak up and tell her his feelings. So they were both at fault here. 

Shane isn't the only one who wants Grace. Shane was betrayed by his own best friend, the angel Gabriel. And it turns out Gabriel doesn't want to play nice. 

What did I love about this story 
Well I love Shane. I also loved him in the other books. I really felt for Samshiel. I really really rooted for the guy. And it helped that the guys is freaking hot. Very good body, tattoos, blue eyes and dark hair. My perfect guy hhahah

No comments:

Post a Comment