Friday, May 1, 2015

Breathe by Abbi Glines

Sadie White’s summer job is at the beach, but she won’t be working as a lifeguard. Since her mom is pregnant and refuses to work, Sadie will be taking over as a domestic servant for a wealthy family on a nearby island.

When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie were normal—if she hadn’t spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house—maybe she’d be excited about working for a rock star. But she’s not.

Even though Sadie isn’t impressed by Jax’s fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax, but he fights his attraction: Relationships never work in his world, and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. Yet as the summer stretches on, Jax’s passion leaves him breathless—and Sadie feels like the only source of oxygen.

Can their love overcome the disparity in their lifestyles? One breath at a time, they’re going to find out…


REVIEW
This is the first book in the Sea breeze series. So I'm excited to read it. The Blurb seems interesting. 

What is this story about. 
This story is about a 17 year old girl  named sadie. Sadie's home environment isn't really that great. She has a mom, that just really isn't a mom. When her mom get's pregnant sadies can say goodbye to her job of being a life guard at the beach and takes over her mothers job as a made for a rich guy. Little does she know that Jax, the man she will be working for, is a famous rock star. And when she doesn't try to crawl into bed with him like many other females try, he get intrigued with Sadie.  But Jax isn't the only one that seems interested in Sadie, there is Marcus that seems interested but i'm not sure, and there is Jax brother, wich i'm also not sure about.  As Sadie and Jax grow closer, it seems that Jax career might be the biggest obstacle between them. At one point Jax has to make a decision, his career or sadie, or will it be possible to have both.

What did I like about this story.
I liked Sadie, because she is strong, even tho she doesn't see it that way. I mean she takes care of her pregnant sad excuse of a mother. She works to make a living for her and her mom, and even tho she kinda know she is pretty, she doesn't use that prettiness as a weapon. I hate people who do that, they usually tend to be shallow and mean. ( Not everybody of course ) I know it's cliche that the main character is beautiful but doesn't see it herself and is insecure about it but I never got the feeling she is really shy and insecure and stuff. 
I liked Jax, well I like pretty boys as much as any other girl. I really like boys who play music like the guitar. I mean that's just sexy. I liked the fact that Jax is willing to do anything for Sadie. What I didn't like it that, when boys are like that in books, they think leaving is the best for you and they think there protecting you, they really aren't because when the person you love the most is leaving you and it hurts like a bitch. So yeah just don't do that and make me sad. But hey luckily the always turn around. 
 Marcus, jeah what to say about marcus, I'm not a big fan of him, I have read little bits about him in other books from Abbi, but i'm not crazy about him. I thought he was a bit pushy towards Saddie and even tho she told him that she loves Jax, he still continued to push his feelings on her and tell her and stuff. In the beginning I thought it was sweet and that he show courage by telling her and not giving up  but at some point I thought man get over it. I can imagine it's hard and stuff but she clearly doesn't love you in that way. And she told him she only wants to be his friend and nothing more. So yeah, but maybe after reading his book, I will think different of him, I don't know..






No comments:

Post a Comment