Friday, May 1, 2015

The Dark Duet Series by C.J. Roberts

Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. For twelve years he has immersed himself in the world of pleasure slaves searching for the one man he holds ultimately responsible. Finally, the architect of his suffering has emerged with a new identity, but not a new nature. If Caleb is to get close enough to strike, he must become the very thing he abhors and kidnap a beautiful girl to train her to be all that he once was.

Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is Caleb, though he demands to be called Master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps Olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him.


REVIEW

What is this book about
I'm not sure I can talk about it without spoiling the entire book. The thing I can say about it. It is very twisted, and dark and  very intense but it's also about strength and that doing bad things doesn't mean your a bad terrible person.  It's also about finding love and affection in a person that you might think that doesn't posses those qualities. 
Olivia's or livvie's live seems over the day she is abducted and in the care of a sex slave owner/trainer. But little did she now, it might just be the beginning. It doesn't mean her 'new'live will begin in a very good way

What did I love about this book 
I don`t know if it´s a good thing too enjoy this book. Because some crazy shit happened in this book. But I did, I did enjoy reading this book and I really wanted Caleb and Livvie to work it out and be together. I really wanted him to learn how to love and recieve love again. And I like them together. Don´t know what that says about me but hell. 
I like caleb it think. Well I really liked his soft side. Didn`t like his hard, dominating, master side. Didn´t like that at all but I got to understand it I guess. That man is really broken. And I can´t blame him actually. He had an horrible childhood and had some cruel things done to him. But still that just doesn´t make it all alright. 
I really liked livvie. She is really strong and loving. She saw the good in Caleb and she tried to hold on to that. She even brought out his humane and caring side and thought him how to love again.
At some point I did think for a second wow this is a real hard case of Stockholm syndrome but really it wasn´t. Livvie´s feelings where real an genuine and caleb desired that. Not all the time but still. And i agree with livvie things could have been allot worse if caleb didn´t protect her.
I don´t think I would have done as good as livvie has. I don´t think I would and could. I mean those mind games and the physical abuse. I mean that stuff would have turned a saint crazy at some point. I´m really glad Caleb was ´soft`on her. Kind of. 
I think Caleb really had a compulsive need to prove him self to his savior ) can´t remember his name, It was something arabic and difficult, and I didn´t really care about him, I started but more to himself I think. I think he needed to show himself that he was worth something. Maybe he didn´t see that because that man didn´t have a good self image but unconscious I think that he tried. And at some point I think he wanted to prove livvie that he was worth something but had a really crappy way of showing her. 
I also think that he showed that he carded for her. I mean he had a real messed up way of showing it sometimes but that broken man tried. 

Livvie is one of the strongest heroin and one of the most loving and forgiving characters I ever read about. 
I really enjoyed but also disliked their story. 

By the way this review is for Captive in the Dark, and Seducted in the dark because you have to read them both to understand and finish their story. 


What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance? 

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice?

Quote: 
It seemed to Caleb, the nature of human beings revolved around one empirical truth: we want what we cannot have. For Eve, it was the fruit of the forbidden tree. For Caleb, it was Livvie.





REVIEW
Same as the first book because I just couldn't pull my review apart for the two book. To me it's one story.  I'll talk about the content a bit more. If you thought the things that were done to livvie in the first book were bad, prepare yourself because things can get worse. Especially when there's hope involved. Livvie is starting to care about calab and he does for her alto he might never admit hit.  I know that sex slavery isn't a joke, and I know it still hapens allot and that's very horrible. But I did enjoy this book allot. I loved the strength and how a broken person can redeem themselves and really take strength from the worst place in there life. I loved how some people can really heal each other and be to the other what they need without them knowing they need it in the first place.  If that makes any sense. I could enjoy and love the story even with the horrible things happening.  

I'm writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well. Who am I? Well, that's what I'm trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves. She loves me. It's quite sick, isn't it? Of course, there's more to our story than can be surmised in a few short sentences, but I'm at a loss for justifying my behavior back then. I assume if you're reading this, I don't need to make those justifications. You've already made your own. You're reading this because you want to know about the rest of the story. You want to know what happened that warm summer night in September of 2010, the night I met Livvie at The Paseo. It was the night my life changed all over again. It didn't happen exactly as Livvie said. She's been very kind to me in the retelling of our story. The truth is far more...complicated.



REVIEW

This book is the last in the series. And it's way different, almost normal compared to the first two. But boy did I love it. This book  really gives the relationship between Caleb and Livvie a chance to really be together.  You also get to know Caleb a little bit more as he tries to open up to Livvie more. Livvie is also changed, they both are, but still there very much the same. 

What did I love about this story
I really loved this book. I´m so happy C.J. roberts wrote this book. It´s so much fun reading about Livvie and Caleb or now called Sopia and James. It´s so different than the other books. They are in a more healthy environment now.
Caleb can still be difficult tho but you don´t overcome you´re past so easily and he has to learn how to live like a ´normal´person and that difficult.
I´m really happy that they are together and I loved reading about it. 
I think this book is my favorite book in this serie. I loved how much Caleb has grown as a person but he still has his dominating side of course. Like he said himself he is both caleb and james not and there both very different and yet still the same person. Kind of I think.
I also liked livvie a lot. She still a very strong female and she put caleb on his place sometimes. She really got stronger. 
I would like to read more about caleb and livvie but I´m also happy with the ending we got.

No comments:

Post a Comment