Saturday, May 2, 2015

The boy who sneaks in my bedroom window by Kirsty Moseley

Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years. Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair. Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window. 






REVIEW
I give this book 4 stars. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was very sweet and very romantic. Liam was such a sweet guy, with such a big heart. My heart wept for him. He tried so hard for Amber and he would burn the world down for her if she asked. 
She thought off him as a day time man whore, asshole and what not. But at night he was the guy she actually liked. But honestly I didn't think of him as an asshole. Maybe I skiped something but I didn't see it. He was a tease yes, He was a flirt, yes and he was a bit of a manwhore yes. But all those girls, at that high school, acted like they were 18 year old sex crazed girls. Danm those girls were horrible. Even ambers friend was like omg Jake is so hot, and Liam is even hotter. And she didn't fail to mention it every time she said something. At some point I thought yeah I got it they are hot, you want to sleep with them and stuff, I get it. There are more guys on that school, are you really telling me they are the only guys that are attractive. I can't remember girls being like that when I was in high school. It was a bit to much in my opinion. I mean, this is a bit of a spoiler, liam announced he had a girl friend and that he really loves her and stuff, And what did the girls in the school do. They make a bet with every girl in the school. Each girl that want to compete has to put 20 dollars in the pot and the first one who sleeps with liam gets the money. I thought that was horrible. I mean leave the guy alone. Liam was also horrified by the idea and so was I.

Amber and her brother Jake had a really really rough messed up childhood. I mean there father beat the crap out of Jake. And beat Amber repeatedly. He also molested her for years and when he thought he was old enough,he tried to rape her. So after Jake and Liam see amber almost getting raped by their father the kick him out and tell him if he ever got near them again they would kill him. Jake is really protective of amber. So is liam but liam is more sweet about it. 
After Liam saw amber cry in her bedroom one day, he went in there to console her and fall asleep there on accident. And he did so the other day, and the day after. So after a while they sleep together. I thought it was really sweet and cute. But I did thought it was a bit weird that liam can't sleep without amber. I can understand amber. Liam keeps the dreams away but I don't understand why liam can't sleep either. Maybe he so gotten used to having her around at night it feels weird if she isn't there. 


I understood amber's reaction to other people touching her. And i'm glad that she decided to trust Liam but I do think she went very very fast with him considering her past. I mean she goes from not standing him touching her ass to sleeping with him within the week they started dating. 
I didn't even realized it was a week until the writer told me. It felt like longer. 


I'm really happy that liam stayed with her threw everything. Every girl deserves a liam. And i'm glad he and amber got, and stayed together. 


Al tho some things were a bit fast, and a bit weird. And the book wasn't really plot prove. It's not my favorite and some things weren't just right but I still enjoyed this book

No comments:

Post a Comment