Friday, May 1, 2015

The Impact of You by Kendall Ryan

Needing an escape from her past, Avery chooses a college where no one knows her. Keeping a low profile was the plan, falling for the intense frat boy, Jase wasn't. Yet she can't deny how alive she feels when he's near. Even as common sense implores her to stay away, her body begs her to get closer.

Jase, numb from his own family drama, has grown bored with weekends fueled by nameless girls and countless bottles when he meets Avery. Helping her cope with her past is better than dealing with the bullshit his own life's served up. Determined to drive away the painful secret she's guarding, he appoints himself her life coach, and challenges her to new experiences. Getting close to her and being the one to make her smile are simply perks of the job.

But when Avery's past boldly saunters in, refusing to be forgotten, can Jase live with the truth about the girl he's fallen for?




REVIEW
The story is about a girl named avery with a secret, and because of that secret she is shy and doesn't really let people get close to her. At a pary she meets jase. Jase is a pretty boy with a ice blur eyes with blond/brown hair. And ofcourse he has a sexy body.
Jase and Avery talk some and they slowly develop a relationship. Jase offers to be Avery's life coach to get her to get out of her shell and make her smile. Eventho he really wants more than that,he takes it slow with her.

I really liked the beginning of the book. Jase and avery where really interesting and ofcourse I wanted to know what their big secrets are
I really like Jase, he really wants to help avery and does a dang good job with it. I also like to see how avery got out of her shell and became more comfortable in her own skin.
So I really liked the two of them. There where a few things that botherd me and that was the lack of depth in the other characters like averys friends, her two dads, and Jase his family.
I also didn't like how averys secret came out and the way jase reacted to it. I understood it but still he didn't even want to listen to her explination and he kind of left.
When I knew averys secret I was like" thats it?!?!". Don't get me wrong I wouldnt have guesed it but i thouht it would be something bigger. I would have liked to know more about jase his past and relationship with his parents. 
I also disliked stacia, jase's ex, I mean come on leave the guy alone and let him be with avery.

overall I really liked the story but I would have liked more depth in some areas.
I enjoyed jase and avery togheter but the last few chapters felt like there were a lot of things pushed to it and it was a little bit fast but I liked it.
I was twisting between 3 and 4 stars and the reallg really hot and sexy scenes in this book makes me give it 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment