Saturday, May 2, 2015

Existence by Abbi Gines

What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules


REVIEW
i'm doubting, I don't know if I like Dank (I dislike the name tho) because of the cover model Pepe Toth or because I just like his character. I think it's both. 
I really liked this story, I between really loving it and just love it. I liked this story because it's different. 

I liked Pagen (also a wierd name), but I is went quite fast from liking/loving him to I can't like without you and I will die for you and stuff. I also liked the intensity that was described when Dank touched her. There weren't a lot of sexy, hot, romantic touching kind of moments but the ones that where there where intense and I liked them. 
Dank made my heart swoon when he sang his song for Pagen every night I really loved it. Here is the song Dank sang for Pagen at the concert.

"You want what you can't have, I see it in your eyes. The pain that fills your nights is because of my pack of lies. I've opened the door for you to walk away. There's a better path for you even though I want you to stay. I've broken the rules, I've veered from the path but when I met you I knew to save to was worth the wrath. Let me leave now before you know what I am and your love becomes hate.

Walk away from me before I break down and take you with me. You can't go where i'm going you can't walk threw my hell. Walk away from me before I break down and take you with me. My path is only meant for only me. There is no way to take you to. I've given you life when it was in my hands to give you death. Walk away from me.

I watched the live I know will lead without me here. It's what you deserve it is where you belong it is everything I want but everything I fear. Once i met you I knew I have to save you but you saved me. Now i'm turning away and letting you run free. Not one moment I will forget there is a fire inside me that you lit with your touch. Hurting you wasn't the plan but it must happen by my hand.

Walk away from me before I break down and take you with me. You can't go where i'm going you can't walk threw my hell. Walk away from me before I break down and take you with me. My path is only meant for only me. There is no way to take you to. I've given you life when it was in my hands to give you death. Walk away from me


This is what he sang for her before he left and I swear to god if someone who sings me this I will chain him to my bed and make sure he doesn't do that. It hurt my heart when I read this and it hurt even more to see how hurt Pagen was. 

I skipped a lot of pages to the point when Dank showed up again. I read some sentence from each page tho, so I still know what happened more or less but it just wasn't as interesting as Dank. I think I just talked myself into loving Dank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment