Friday, May 1, 2015

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.











REVIEW
I saw the movie before I read the book. It was actually the movie that made me want to read the book. I liked the book and I really liked the movie. 

What is this story about. 
The book starts of with a girl trying to escape some one, it ends whit the girl jumping threw a view store's high window and nearly killing herself. She got captured and had an alien put into her. In this world almost every human being is over taken by alien and the world is at piece. But not everybody is happy with this. There are still some humans that fight back,.  Once the alien is put into a human body, the human's personality goes away, They don't exist anymore. But that is not the case for Wander/ Melanie. You see Melanie refuses to give up, and she is desperate to keep her promise to her brother and 'lover'

What did I like about this book.
At first I didn't want to read this book without any reasons really. I just didn't paid any attention to it. Until I saw the movie trailer and I thought I know this book. So I went to the movie and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. So after I saw the movie I was like I really want to read this book. So I did. I have to say I think I liked the movie a tiny bit better because there was more action in it and I liked the actor who played Jarred 

description

The book did go on for a long while without a lot of action. There is a lot going on but it it's more like just life. Also there is a lot more depth in book. 
I liked Wanda better in the book and I fell sorry for her, she got beaten up a lot and I can even understand why the souls would take over or world altho the way they did it I don't like.  We humans are a cruel kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment