Friday, May 1, 2015

Strength by Carrie Butler

When college student Rena Collins finds herself nose-to-chest with the campus outcast, her rumor-laced notions are shattered. Handsome, considerate, and seemingly sane, Wallace Blake doesn’t look like he spends his nights alone, screaming and banging on the walls of his dorm room. Hell, he doesn’t look like he spends his nights alone, period.

Too curious for her own good, Rena vows to uncover the truth behind Wallace’s madman reputation--and how two seconds of contact had left her with bruises. Of course, there are a few setbacks along the way: guilt, admiration, feelings of the warm and fuzzy variety…

Not to mention the unwanted attention of Wallace's powerful, supernaturally-gifted family.

They’re a bloodline divided by opposing ideals, two soon-to-be warring factions that live in secret among us. When Rena ends up caught in their crossfire, Wallace has no choice but to save her by using his powers. Now they’re really in trouble. With war on the horizon and Rena’s life in the balance, he needs to put some distance between them. But Rena won’t let go. If fighting is what it takes to prove her own strength and keep Wallace in her life, then that’s what she’ll do--even if it means risking a whole lot more than her heart.


REVIEW
This book started of a bit confusing and I didn't know who was talking in this book and what he or she was talking about. After the first page I figured it must be a girl, by the way she was talking.
I thought the book was written a bit fast. At one point you where here and the next you where somewhere else. Sometimes I felt like I was missing something like I forgot to read something but I didn't.
I liked the idea of the story but I feel like the writer was trying to put a lot of things in a few pages. She should have taken her time and ease into it. But that is just my opinion.
I like wallace, he is very insecure about his own abillity. He is also a gentelmen but he tries to protect everybody, that he forgets that he has the right to live a little to. He is just to danm stuborn
I also like rena . She is strong minded and she can be quit witty and sarcastic. She isn't afraid of anything well maybe of losing wallace.
I also liked cole, the twin brother of wallace. He is really a bad boy and I like bad boys. But he has a good heart. He really cares for his family and I think he will do alot to keep them save.
Clare aka grandma is very entertaining. She is just funny, by the way she just knows things and by keeping the twins in check especially cole.
I think faye and her entire organisation is just confusing. One minute she is a badass evil women, the next she is just testing them, then she is trying to kill them and now she just want to study
I really don't know what the women wants and what she can't do.
Also her side kicks are a bit confusing. I don't really remember their names.

But hell in the end wallace finally gave in to have a relationship with renna. Took him long enough to notice that she isn't that fragile and that he deserves it.

This book started of a bit slow and it isnt the best written book if ever read but i still liked it and it kept me interested. So i look forward to the next book

I just read the summary of the next book and i think i already dislike a character. I don't remember her name but apparently she can make wallace powerless and normal but only if rena isn't around. I really don't like the sound of that.
So i give this book 3.5 stars. I was twisting between 3 and 4 and because of the idea of the story and because of the characters I decided to go with 3.5
I think i have to calmly reread this book before the next to see if i understand it better because i tend to not read everything carefully because i want to know whats is going to happen.

Yeah after reading it a second time, I understood it better so definitely 4.5 stars.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment